As we build custom applications using Platform Services and deploy on client companies, the need to programmatically install updates arises. Installing or updating an application involves first publishing the application from the Sage Intacct to create the XML and then install to post that definition to the client’s company.
In this blog we are going to discuss the steps to publish application in Sage Intacct.
So we have created an application for purchase inventory within one of Sage Intacct Company and will deploy the same in another Sage Intacct Company.
- Step to publish a custom application as an xml file: Go to platform Services > click on Applications then list of all application appears.
- Then select the application that you want to publish, in this case we select purchase inventory application.
- Click on Publish button.
- Change the application name and application version if needed.
You can change the name of the application XML file to help you keep track of what application the file represents.
- Select ‘Is Managed’ checkbox if you want to manage versions of this application yourself to prevent target company users to modify the application.
If we don’t select ‘Is Managed’ Checkbox then users can do the changes in application.
- Click Generate xml to generate and save the xml file of your application in your local machine and click done.
You can also use the install process to update an existing application, in case you add features or updates to an existing application.
Steps to install a custom application from an xml file to another Sage Intacct Company.
- Go to the Platform Services > click on the Install application.
- Click Choose file control then select the xml file that application we want to upload.
- After selecting appropriate xml file click on Install button.
So using these simple steps you can deploy your custom application to any of your client’s system.
Greytrix – a globally recognized and one of the oldest Sage Development Partner is a one-stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM organizational needs. Being acknowledged and rewarded for multi-man years of experience and expertise, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third party add-on development and implementation competence.
Greytrix has a wide product range for Sage Intacct – a Sage Business Cloud Solution. This includes migrations from QuickBooks | Sage 50 | Sage 100 | Sage 300 to Sage Intacct. Our unique GUMU™ integrations include Sage Intacct for Sage CRM | Salesforce. We also offer best-in-class Sage Intacct Development Services, Consulting services, integrated apps like POS | WMS | Payroll | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce for Sage Intacct to Sage business partners, resellers, and Sage PSG worldwide. Greytrix constantly develops apps, products and addons to enhance user experience. Sage Intacct addons include Sales Commission, AR Lockbox File Processing and Sage CRM integration. Greytrix GUMU™ integration for Sage CRM – Sage Intacct is listed on Sage Intacct Marketplace.
For more information on Sage Business Cloud Services, please contact us at email@example.com. We will like to hear from you.