‘Blanket Orders’ are the blanket agreements that are long-term arrangements between a purchasing organization and a vendor, or a sales organization and a customer, for the supply of items or provision of services over a period of time based on predefined terms and conditions.
In Sage 500 ERP ‘Blanket Order’ is a purchase order or sales order between customer and its supplier which contains multiple delivery dates over a period of time, often negotiated to take advantage of predetermined pricing. It is normally used when there is a recurring need for expendable goods.
For better understanding; suppose you have to buy a particular good from same vendor in recurring orders or shipments you can set a blanket order for vendor with time limit of days. So you do not need to enter a new PO every time just initially create a BPO (Blanket Purchase Order) and generate PO from it.
Blanket Purchase Order Flow:
- Maintain Blanket Purchase Orders.
- Generate PO from blanket.
- Process the PO
Here are the few steps through which you can generate PO from Blanket Order in Sage 500:-
1. Navigate to Purchase Order → Maintain → Maintain Blanket Purchase Orders, generate new blanket purchase order number, enter details of required for each tab like vendor and item details.
2. Now go to option ‘Set Up Blanket’ where you can restrict no. of Purchase Order to be generate on one blanket order and the total purchase amount of PO; It won’t allow user to exceed no. of PO and amount of PO.
3. If the Blanket Order is contract base you can check contract option and enter contract details.
So following the above mentioned steps you can easily generate purchase order from blanket order in Sage 500 ERP. Blanket purchase order feature saves your time for making PO entries each time for same product and vendor.
Greytrix is a one stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. We provide complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix has some unique solutions of Sage 100 integration with Sage CRM, and Salesforce.com along with Sage 100 Migration from Sage 50 US, QuickBooks, Sage Business Vision and Sage Business Works. We also offer best-in-class Sage 100 customization and development services to Sage business partners, end users, and Sage PSG worldwide.
For more details on Sage 100 Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to assist you.