Acumatica ERP allows us to connect database server using Windows Authentication as well as SQL Server Authentication. When we connect using SQL server method, we need to make sure that selected login user has sufficient rights to update the database; but when we use Windows authentication, we do not have those features/options.
In this blog, we will be looking into one of the resolutions for the error that occurs when we choose windows authentication and try to access the Acumatica ERP website from our local IIS.
Error: – “Login Failed for user ‘IIS APPPOOL\apppoolname”.
Steps to resolve the error:
- Open IIS (1) and select the Application Pool assigned to your ERP instance.
- Right-click on Application Pool (2) and select Advanced Settings (3) OR click on Advanced Settings (3) from the Actions section.
3. Once the Advanced Settings dialog box is opened, navigate to Identity property (1) and browse its values to change it from ApplicationPoolIdentity to Custom
4. Select Custom account (1) and click on Set button (2).
5. Enter the system Username, Password, and Confirm Password on Set Credentials dialog and click OK.
6. Recycle your application pool and restart the IIS. This step is optional and only required if the changed are not reflected.
7. Now, we can browse/Launch our ERP instance without the error of login failure.
Note: If the credentials of the entered user are changed, then it needs to be updated here as well.
This is how we can overcome the error when an Acumatica ERP instance is connected using Windows Authentication.
Greytrix – a globally recognized and one of the oldest Sage Development Partner is a one-stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM organizational needs. Being acknowledged and rewarded for multi-man years of experience and expertise, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third party add-on development and implementation competence.
Greytrix has a wide product range for Sage Intacct- a Cloud ERP. This includes migrations from QuickBooks | Sage 50 | Sage 100 | Sage 300 to Sage Intacct. Our unique GUMU™ integrations include Sage Intacct for Sage CRM | Salesforce | FTP/SFTP | Rev.io | Checkbook | Dynamics 365 CRM | Magento | Rent Manager | Treez | Avalara Avatax | Blackline SFTP. We also offer best-in-class Sage Intacct Development Services, Consulting services, integrated apps like POS | WMS | Payroll | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce for Sage Intacct to Sage business partners, resellers, and Sage PSG worldwide. Greytrix constantly develops apps, products, and add-ons to enhance user experience. Sage Intacct add-ons include AR Lockbox File Processing. Greytrix GUMU™ integration for Sage CRM – Sage Intacct, Sales Commission App for Sage Intacct, and Checkbook.io ACH/Digital Check Payments for Sage powered by GUMU™ are listed on Sage Intacct Marketplace.
The GUMU™ Cloud framework by Greytrix forms the backbone of cloud integrations that are managed in real-time for the processing and execution of application programs at the click of a button.
For more information on Sage Business Cloud Services, please contact us at email@example.com. We will like to hear from you.