User friendliness is the key for success in an application. But, in today’s time we cannot neglect the Security feature where the data security is utmost importance. Hence, customers are more attracted towards software application which provide a rich set of Security Features and are User Friendly.
Earlier GUMU ACT! Link only had tab level security option such as MAS Register, MAS Entity, MAS Aging, Order Promote, Screen launcher, etc. But now it has a newly added feature of field level security for Item Cost, Item Price and Item Line Extension fields on MAS Register and MAS aging tab in order to avoid unauthorized users to view these fields.
By default, no ACT! users will have access to listed fields on Sales Order Line. In order to make these fields visible, “System Administrator” will need to follow the below given steps and provide the necessary privileges to the users;
- Login to the Sage ACT! Company with the GUMU ACT! Link. Navigate to Tools >> Manage MAS 90/200 Link… >> User Permission menu.
- Select User for which the field will need to be visible and Click Next button.
- Select the Standard defaults in the “Add Permission to User” screen, click Next button.
- Now you can assign permissions to the users (In our case it’s Melissa Pearce) for the Fields visibility by selecting single options from Available Permission list and Click on (“>”) button or else click ALL (“>>”) button to assign all permission for the selected user and click on Finish button.
- You will now return to the “Select User” screen click the Close button. Log-off the users (if someone is logged in) and restart the Sage ACT! application.
- Ask the user (Melissa in our case) to login and check if she is able to view the field of Sales Order Line by document link on MAS Register tab.
Hope you got the idea as how to use the security for the link. However, if you have any query or want to know more about the GUMU™ ACT! Link, write us at email@example.com.
Greytrix is a one stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. We provide complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix has some unique solutions of Sage 100 integration with Sage CRM, and Salesforce.com along with Sage 100 Migration from Sage 50 US, Sage Intacct, QuickBooks, Sage Business Vision and Sage Business Works. We also offer best-in-class Sage 100 customization and development services to Sage business partners, end users, and Sage PSG worldwide.
For more details on Sage 100 Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to assist you.