Sage CRM allows to log/manage all Sales and Service records against the Company and Person entities very efficiently. But have you ever faced such a problem, where your Sales executive mistakenly created duplicate person records in CRM. And many transactions had been logged against both the records. How do you manage Data Accuracy???
New Stuff: Change Default Quick Appointment Duration!
Deletion of all the transaction records against one person record and manual creation of the same against another must be the only idea popping in your mind!
Well no, we can achieve this easily by using “Merge person” functionality of SAGE CRM. Below is the overall process of merging person data without any data loss in few easy steps.
First of all, you need to provide access to a specific User Account through the User configuration screen. To do the same follow below steps –
1. Go to “Administration – Users – User Summary” and click on “Change”.
2. In “Security” section, select “Merge Persons/Companies” as “Yes”.
Search for the desired Person record in CRM –
Now, Go to the Summary of 1st person record, click on “Change”, you will see “Merge Person” button. Now, click this button, select “Source” i.e. 2nd Person name, check the checkbox “Merge Cases” and click on Save.
You will find that the Case record which was tagged against 1st person record is now made available against another person.
Later on, delete the unwanted person record to avoid further confusion. You can use similar process to merge Leads, Opportunities, Communications, Library, etc. from one person to another within same Company record.
1. Extra information from Person entity while Mail merge
2. Lead to Person Field Data Merge – For SageCRM Developers
3. Merge to PDF through workflow in Sage CRM 7.3
4. Control Access to Merge to Word button in Sage CRM v7.3
5. How to identify Merged Companies in Sage CRM