Extended Description is one of the notable features that Sage 100 (MAS 90/200) ERP has to offer. This feature helps to record additional information/description of the items to describe items in better manner. Though it is a very helpful feature, sometime it is annoying, as it pops-ups the extended description screen while moving/navigating through the items in Item Maintenance/Enquiry screen.
This blog aims to assists Sage 100 users as how to enable/disable the display of the Extended Description option. You will be able to add/view extended description after disabling this option; just that it won’t popup automatically.
To disable the pop-up feature, you can just de-select the option “Allow Automatic Display of Full Extended Item Description When Not in Grid” under the Inventory Management (I/M) available in the Role Maintenance screen.
You can follow the below mentioned simple steps to disable the pop-up;
- Login to the Sage 100 System with Admin credentials and open the Role maintenance screen.
- Un-check the option “Allow Automatic Display of Full Extended Item Description When Not in Grid” and save the role.
- Now, re-start the Sage 100 system so that the Role settings can take effect.
- Everything is set; you can now navigate through the Items without getting the Pop-up.
- With these simple settings Admin users can stop the pop-up of the Item Description screen in Sage 100 ERP.
Greytrix is a one stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. We provide complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix has some unique solutions of Sage 100 integration with Sage CRM, and Salesforce.com along with Sage 100 Migration from Sage 50 US, Sage Intacct, QuickBooks, Sage Business Vision and Sage Business Works. We also offer best-in-class Sage 100 customization and development services to Sage business partners, end users, and Sage PSG worldwide.
For more details on Sage 100 Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to assist you.