Hello folks! Here we are back with one more interesting trick. Some days ago I came across this question on Sage development partner’s forum. Thought I could modify the suggestion with screens and add it over here. Here is the scenario posted by user.
What can be done?
Requirement is to open Opportunity Workflow Progress screen as well as open a page in Popup window as shown below.
Clicking on Queue button will open below screen and say google.com in popup window.
Here are the steps you can follow.
1) Log in to Sage CRM
2) Go to Administration | Customization | Secondary Entity | Opportunity Progress | Screen
3) Create New Opportunity workflow Progress Screen by clicking on New button
4) Add Required column in above mentioned screen
5) Go to Administration | Advanced Customization | Workflows | Opportunity Workflow
6) Click on Edit workflow button
7) Click on <Workflow Rule > button
8) Enter Custom Asp Page path in Custom File Name field
9) Click on save button
10)Click on Activate Workflow button
11) Open Custom Asp Page file into Notepad or Notepad++
13) Using eWare.GetBlock (<Screen Name>) method call
(Opportunity workflow Progress , Opportunity Progress Note Box) on screen
14) After clicking on Save button kindly follow the below given steps
a.Create new record into Opportunity Progress entity
b.Handle Workflow Progress entry
i. Fetch Opportunity Workflow id from Workflow Entity
ii.Based on Workflow id fetch Workflow State id from Workflow State entity
iii.Based on Workflow Id and State id fetch Top 1 Workflow Transition id
from vWorkflowTransition view
iv. Add new entry into Workflow Instance entity
v. Add new entry into Workflow History entity
vi.Update new Workflow Instance id into Opportunity
Workflow id field
c.Navigate user to Opportunity Summary Screen