This blog will discuss restricting the System Administrator from editing the “Read-Only” Field. System Administrator is one standard profile that provides access to every system’s functionality. Restriction for the Administrator is made possible through the set of privileges and permissions that this profile has, and one such permission is the ability to edit read-only fields.
- If you log in as a system administrator and make the field Read-Only.
- After checking on a layout, the field is not changed to Read-Only, as shown in the below image, because the system Administrators have permission to edit read-only fields.
If you really want to prevent the System administrator from editing read-only fields. There is permission called “Edit Read-Only fields” on the System administrator profile, like other profiles.
- The only problem is that you are not allowed to edit this permission in a standard system profile.
- You can clone the system administrator profile and disable that permission in the new profile.
Step to restrict the “Edit Read-Only Fields” checkbox:
- Go to setup and find “Profiles” in the quick find box. And find “System Administrator” and click on that.
- In the System administrator profile, click “System Permissions” in the system section.
- Then click on the “Clone” button and give the name for the new Profile and Save.
- After saving the new profile, go to the “System Permissions” of the new profile. Then click on “Edit,” and you can see that all system Permissions are editable.
- Next, find the “Edit read-only fields” checkbox and uncheck this checkbox and save.
- The next step is to assign a user for the new profile. Go to the quick find box, search “User, “select User from the list, and click on edit, as shown in the image below.
- Then assign a new system administrator profile to the new User and save.
- Login to the Salesforce org using this User, and the field is changed to read-only.
Following the above steps, you can restrict the System administrator to “Edit the Read-Only fields.” We also provide Salesforce Custom services, information for which is available on our website. If you still have queries or any related problems, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you may find this blog resourceful and helpful. However, if you still have concerns and need more help, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Greytrix – a globally recognized and one of the oldest Sage Development Partner and a Salesforce Product development partner offers a wide variety of integration products and services to the end users as well as to the Partners and Sage PSG across the globe. We offer Consultation, Configuration, Training and support services in out-of-the-box functionality as well as customizations to incorporate custom business rules and functionalities that require apex code incorporation into the Salesforce platform.
Greytrix has some unique solutions for Cloud CRM such as Salesforce Sage integration for Sage X3, Sage 100 and Sage 300 (Sage Accpac). We also offer best-in-class Cloud CRM Salesforce customization and development services along with services such as Salesforce Data Migration, Integrated App development, Custom App development and Technical Support to business partners and end users.
Salesforce Cloud CRM integration offered by Greytrix works with Lightning web components and supports standard opportunity workflow. Greytrix GUMU™ integration for Sage ERP – Salesforce is a 5-star rated app listed on Salesforce AppExchange.
The GUMU™ Cloud framework by Greytrix forms the backbone of cloud integrations that are managed in real-time for processing and execution of application programs at the click of a button.
For more information on our Salesforce products and services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to assist you.