In this blog, we will discuss how as a Administrator you can set “Exception to SF User for Excluding them through MFA Authentication in Salesforce”. In Salesforce, it is generally recommended to have multi-factor authentication (MFA) enabled for all users to provide an additional layer of security to the login process. However, there may be situations where you need to exclude a specific user from MFA authentication.
In Salesforce, you can also exclude a user from MFA authentication by assigning a permission set that grants them the “Waive Multi-Factor Authentication for Exempt Users” permission. This allows you to exclude a user from MFA authentication without modifying the org-wide MFA settings.
Exception to SF User for Excluding them through MFA Authentication in Salesforce
To exclude a user from MFA authentication using a permission set in Salesforce, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Salesforce account as an administrator.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner and select “Setup”.
- In the left-hand navigation, expand the “Users” section and click on “Permission Sets.”
- Click “New” to create a new permission set.
- Give the permission set a name and description, and click “Save.”
- Note:- Select the license that is the same as the user’s for excluding them from MFA authentication.
Next click on “System Permissions” .
- In the “System Permissions” section, click on “Edit.”
- Scroll down and check the “Waive Multi-Factor Authentication for Exempt Users” checkbox.
- Click “Save” to save your changes. This will create an exception to SF User for Excluding them through MFA Authentication in Salesforce.
- Click on “Manage Assignments”.
- Assign the permission set to the user(s) that you want to exclude from MFA authentication. This persmission set can also be assigned to other users as an exception to SF User for Excluding them through MFA Authentication in Salesforce.
Note: that assigning the “Waive Multi-Factor Authentication for Exempt Users” permission reduces the security of the user’s account, so it should only be done when absolutely necessary and for specific user and reverted back once the things are achieved.
By following the above blog instructions, you will be able to learn how to create an “Exception to SF User for Excluding them through MFA Authentication in Salesforce”.
If you still have queries or any related problems, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. More details about our integration product are available on our website and Salesforce AppExchange.
We hope you may find this blog resourceful and helpful. However, if you still have concerns and need more help, please contact us at email@example.com.
Greytrix – a globally recognized and one of the oldest Sage Development Partner and a Salesforce Product development partner offers a wide variety of integration products and services to the end users as well as to the Partners and Sage PSG across the globe. We offer Consultation, Configuration, Training and support services in out-of-the-box functionality as well as customizations to incorporate custom business rules and functionalities that require apex code incorporation into the Salesforce platform.
Greytrix has some unique solutions for Cloud CRM such as Salesforce Sage integration for Sage X3, Sage 100 and Sage 300 (Sage Accpac). We also offer best-in-class Cloud CRM Salesforce customization and development services along with services such as Salesforce Data Migration, Integrated App development, Custom App development and Technical Support to business partners and end users.
Salesforce Cloud CRM integration offered by Greytrix works with Lightning web components and supports standard opportunity workflow. Greytrix GUMU™ integration for Sage ERP – Salesforce is a 5-star rated app listed on Salesforce AppExchange.
The GUMU™ Cloud framework by Greytrix forms the backbone of cloud integrations that are managed in real-time for processing and execution of application programs at the click of a button.
For more information on our Salesforce products and services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to assist you.