Sage Intacct allows you to add multiple line items. But sometimes it becomes tedious to add line item details every time. Sage Intacct allows you to fasten up the process of adding line item details with the help of shortcut keys or by customizing it. In this blog, we will be discussing about fastening entries for line item details.
Ways by which you can achieve:
- You may speed up your entries by using shortcut keys.
- Configure and apply various default values for line items. For example, if you set Location dimension in Bills to XYZ, you can then set XYZ location as default to every line item. Also, you can change or override this default location later on.
- Hide unnecessary details if required. For example, if you frequently use Department on every line item and hardly make use of Allocation you can move this section to Hidden details area.
Set default line-item values:
- Navigate to Entries section the page and click on Show Defaults. This will expand the section of Entries and will show you the fields to which you can set your default values.
- Select your value from drop-down for any field you want to set default.
- Now click on Apply defaults above the line items section. Now you may see the change if any default value(s) is/are set on each line item detail you enter. You will see your default value and you may override it whenever required.
Navigate within and between line-items:
|Open line item detail area||Ctrl + Down Arrow (Cursor should be at that specific line item)|
|Close line item detail area||Ctrl + Up Arrow (Cursor should be at that specific line item)|
|Navigate to next field||Tab|
|Navigate to previous field||Shift + Tab|
|Navigate to next line item||Alt + Down Arrow|
|Navigate to previous line item||Alt + Up Arrow|
Customize the line-item display:
- If the user has the admin privileges, Intacct enables the current user to change the field placement on the line item and also to its detail section.
- To customize the display of line items:
- Navigate to More Actions on the page, then click on Edit Entries layout.
- Select the line item which you want to edit. You will be able to drag and drop the fields wherever you want.
- Once changes done, click on Save.
Change the order of line-items:
- You may enter details as you want, and later on arrange those accordingly.
- To reorder line items, click on reorder icon on the left of specific line item and drag it up or down to rearrange.
So using the above options you can do the line entries fast and effectively.