This post is regarding one of the useful features of an integration solution. For integration needs we are syncing certain entities of both the systems (e.g. Salesforce Account object with Sage ERP X3 Customer, Salesforce Contact object with Sage ERP X3 Contact etc.)
Using this screen we can add any additional field of Sage ERP X3 entity and map with Salesforce object field. Once field mapping is done then the additional mapped field’s data will be automatically transferred into the corresponding Salesforce object field when import data process is run.
We can map standard as well as custom salesforce fields. Suppose, we want to bring additional Sage ERP X3 field data (Language Code- ZLANG) of customer into the Salesforce custom field (Language – Language__c) of an account object.
You can follow the below steps to view existing mapped field list and create new fields mapping into Salesforce –
- Login to Salesforce.
- Go to Administration Tab.
- Click on the Entity Mapping Tab to reach Entity Mapping Page.
- Select ERP from the list.
- After selection of ERP you will see a list of Entity Mapping. Then select Entity Mapping from the list.
- There are predefined mapping fields with Map Type (Standard) which will be displayed in below list.
- To add new mapping click on New button (refer below screenshot for your reference).
- Then enter the exact salesforce field name as well as ERP field name.
- Select Data type from list.
- Finally click on save. You can also edit or delete custom created mapping from the list.
In this way you can add any additional field to the mapping list and that mapping field list will be used in the import process to bring data.
Note: We are using the Sage ERP X3 web services to get the data of the ERP entities so in order to sync the Sage ERP X3 object additional standard/custom field data, the Sage ERP X3 web service should be published.
Greytrix as a Salesforce Product development partner offers a wide variety of integration products and services to the end users as well as to the Partners across the globe. We offers Consultation, Configuration, Training and support services in out-of-the-box functionality as well as customizations to incorporate custom business rules and functionalities that requires apex code incorporation into the Salesforce platform.
Greytrix has some unique solutions for Cloud CRM such as Salesforce integration with Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3), Sage Intacct, Sage 100 and Sage 300 (Sage Accpac). We also offer best-in-class Cloud CRM Salesforce customization and development services along with services such as Salesforce Data Migration, Integrated App development, Custom App development and Technical Support to business partners and end users.
Greytrix GUMU™ integration for Sage ERP – Salesforce is a 5-star app listed on Salesforce AppExchange.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com. We will be glad to assist you.