Data Import Wizard feature of Salesforce helps you ease importing data in your Salesforce organization. The Data Import Wizard lets you import data not just in standard objects but in custom objects as well. It can import up to 50,000 records at a time.
Data Import Wizard can be used when
- There are less than or equal to 50,000 records to be imported.
- You do not want to schedule the import process.
- Login into Salesforce.
- From Setup, enter “Data Import Wizard” in the Quick Find box, then select Data Import Wizard.
- Click on Launch Wizard button.
- Select the type of data that you want to import. Click on Standard Objects tab to import accounts, contacts, leads or Click on Custom Objects to import custom objects.
- Select the operation you need to perform- To add new records to Salesforce, update existing records, or add new records and update existing ones. Specify the matching and other criteria as required.
- Select the data file you want to import data from.
- Click Next.
- The screen navigated to a page where you can map the data fields in the CSV file to Salesforce data fields.
- Click Map to the left of each un-mapped field.
- Choose the Salesforce fields you want to map to and click Map.
- To change the mappings, click Change to the left of mapped field, then select the Salesforce fields you want to map to and click Map.
- Click Next.
- Review your import information. If you still have un-mapped fields that you want to import, you can click Previous to return to the previous page and specify your mappings.
- Click Start Import.
- You can view the status of your import- From Setup, enter “Bulk Data Load Jobs” in the Quick Find box, then select Bulk Data Load Jobs.
Greytrix as a Salesforce Product development partner offers a wide variety of integration products and services to the end users as well as to the Partners across the globe. We offers Consultation, Configuration, Training and support services in out-of-the-box functionality as well as customizations to incorporate custom business rules and functionalities that requires apex code incorporation into the Salesforce platform.
Greytrix has some unique solutions for Cloud CRM such as Salesforce integration with Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3), Sage Intacct, Sage 100 and Sage 300 (Sage Accpac). We also offer best-in-class Cloud CRM Salesforce customization and development services along with services such as Salesforce Data Migration, Integrated App development, Custom App development and Technical Support to business partners and end users.
Greytrix GUMU™ integration for Sage ERP – Salesforce is a 5-star app listed on Salesforce AppExchange.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com. We will be glad to assist you.