In this blog, we will discuss how user can create a new Entity (for use in the import routine) in Salesforce using new lightning interface of GUMU™ & Sage X3 Web service API method.
The prerequisite of any integration is to map the data between the two systems. GUMU™, reads the table schema using Sage X3 Web Service API method and validate mapping details like field name, field label, data type that you can see under the mapping tab of the Import.
Let’s walk you through the process of creating a new entity and get the real-time schema of ERP object. Once you have installed the GUMU™ integration product in your Salesforce organization follow the below steps:
- Login to Salesforce
- Go to App Launcher Menu and select “GUMU Settings” App.
- Click on “Entity Setting” menu.
- You can create a new entity by clicking on “New Entity” button.
If you want to find Web service API method just follow the below steps:-
• Login to Sage X3
• Go to Development->Script dictionary->Web services
• If you need to search for a Webservice APImethod(ex:-customer) just filter it out in Description as shown in the screenshot here.
- Now enter the “Entity Code” of your choice, preferably use the name of the entity in the same for easy identification.
- Enter the “API Method” name obtained from the Sage X3 system, steps mentioned above.
- Now, go to the “Details” tab and click on “Refresh fields” button to get exact fields available from the Sage system for performing actions (update) from Salesforce. And finally click the “Save” button to store the schema information for use in the GUMU™ mapping functionality.
Please take a note each time you want additional data from the fields that were added to the schema after the definition was created, you will have to make sure that the Webservice API schema has been updated in Sage and you have hit the “Refresh Fields” button on the “Entity Setting”. For it to be available in the “Entity Mapping/Import” configuration.
- You can also define a primary key for Entity by selecting fields from the list as shown in below screen.
- If you want to assign a composite key (combination of more than one field as the primary key) to the entity, you can add multiple rows under the Primary Key tab.
- If you happen to add a primary key by mistake, you can simply check the field and hit “Delete Primary Key” button.
- Once configuration is done click on save button to save the entity.
And here you have your entity created and ready for integration. This entity can now be used in the Import routine for bringing the records into Salesforce from Sage X3 ERP.
We hope you may find this blog resourceful and helpful. If you still have concerns and need more help, please contact us at email@example.com
Greytrix – a globally recognized and one of the oldest Sage Gold Development Partner, as a Salesforce Product development partner offers a wide variety of integration products and services to the end users as well as to the Partners and Sage PSG across the globe. We offer Consultation, Configuration, Training and support services in out-of-the-box functionality as well as customizations to incorporate custom business rules and functionalities that require apex code incorporation into the Salesforce platform.
Greytrix has some unique solutions for Cloud CRM such as Salesforce Sage integration for Sage X3, Sage 100 and Sage 300. We also offer best-in-class Cloud CRM Salesforce customization and development services along with services such as Salesforce Data Migration, Integrated App development, Custom App development and Technical Support to business partners and end users. Salesforce Cloud CRM integration offered by Greytrix works with Lightning web components and supports standard opportunity workflow.
Greytrix GUMU™ integration for Sage ERP – Salesforce is a 5-star rated app listed on Salesforce AppExchange.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to assist you.
- Setting up the Sage X3 Integration in GUMU’s New Pure Lightning Interface
- Promote Salesforce Account to Sage X3 Customer using GUMU™ lightning version
- GUMU™ Features – Security Matrix in Salesforce Lightning Interface
- GUMU™ Salesforce Tricks & Tips – Understanding and Debugging the Import Log for Errors in Salesforce