The following information can be useful for you while working with custom ASP pages. It seems that, whenever your page crashes you see the HTTP 500 error. The problem might be with Included Files in ASP page or there might be some Tags missing.
You can uncheck the settings in browser to show friendly HTTP error message that will display the nature of error at least. For this go to IE’s Tools/Internet Options menu, and on the advanced tab, uncheck “Show friendly HTTP error messages”.
For debugging purpose, you can also use Microsoft Visual Interdev that comes with Microsoft Visual Studio. You need to enable the debugging for using this application for debugging of ASP page.
Follow the below steps to enable ASP Server Side and Client Side Script debugging…
- Go To Start Menu | Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Internet Services Manager.
- Right click on the ‘Default Web Site’ and go to properties. ‘Default Web Site’ can be found on the left side of the Internet Information Services page.
- From the Properties dialog box, click on the Home Directory tab and go to Configuration.
- From the Application Configuration dialog box, select App Debugging tab and check in both the checkboxes present in the Debugging Flags frame.
- Apply the settings.
- Then start Microsoft Visual Interdev.
- Click on Debug from the Menu and go to Processes.
- Select inetinfo.exe process from the Process list and click on the Attach button.
- As you can see, inetinfo.exe being listed in the Debugged Processes list.
- There click on the inetinfo.exe and click on the Break button.
- Close the dialog box.
This will enable debugging of the CRM custom ASP pages.
Greytrix a globally recognized Premier Sage Gold Development Partner is a one stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. Being recognized and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix has some unique integration solutions for Sage CRM with Sage ERPs (Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3), Sage Intacct, Sage 100, Sage 500 and Sage 300).We also offer best-in-class Sage ERP and Sage CRM customization and development services to Business Partners, End Users and Sage PSG worldwide. Greytrix helps in migrating of Sage CRM from Salesforce | ACT! | SalesLogix | Goldmine | Sugar CRM | Maximizer. Our Sage CRM Product Suite includes Greytrix Business Manager, Sage CRM Project Manager, Sage CRM Resource Planner, Sage CRM Contract Manager, Sage CRM Event Manager, Sage CRM Budget Planner, Gmail Integration, Sage CRM Mobile Service Signature and Sage CRM CTI Framework.
For more information on our integration solutions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to assist you.