This blog is in continuation of my previous blog wherein I have explained the process of Merge Person functionality of Sage CRM. You can refer below link for the same.
Though the Merging option has helped to manage data accuracy and remove duplicate person records with ease, there has been one limitation where the user would be able to merge person records belonging to same Company only.
You can refer below screen shot, where the Source field is listing out possible person records from same Company record only.
However, there is no control available directly in CRM from where we can change the configuration to make it possible to merge a person record with a source person record belonging to different companies. To enable this feature in Sage CRM, you will have to make a small change on database level under custom_sysparams table.
Once you execute this query, perform the Metadata Refresh activity in CRM. Once done you will be able to see all person records when attempting to Merge Person records irrespective of the Company context.
1. Control Display Format for Person SSA field in Sage CRM
2. Merging Process of Greytrix Bulk Merge Utility
3. How to identify Merged Companies in Sage CRM
4. Lead to Person Field Data Merge – For SageCRM Developers
5. Extra information from Person entity while Mail merge