In this blog, we are going to discuss custom fields data flow from one transaction to another in Sage Intacct. Sage Intacct provides the feature for Adding Custom field to standard objects as per our requirements.
In our previous blog, we have already demonstrated the steps to add the custom field on any Screens of Sage Intacct.
So considering a scenario we have created a custom field ‘FOB point’ on Sales Order (order entry transaction type) and need the same value to be pass on to Sales Invoice document (order entry transaction type). Here we will need to setup the same custom field on both objects i.e. Sales order and Sales Invoice. Note; keep the field id and data type same.
Follow the below steps to setup the custom field for both objects:-
- Choose Order Entry Transaction for your Object, a second selector field for Document Type appears Choose (Sales Invoice, Sales Order) which represents the various transaction definitions to which the customization will be added. Then click on Next.
Choose Object to add Custom Field
- Choose a field data type: – In the Data Type, select the data type you want to use for your custom field.
- Choose Text Area Field Characteristics:
In the Text Area Field, Enter the Label Name, No of Rows to Display and Filed ID then click on next Button.
Choose Field Characteristics
- Choose Deployment Options:
In the Choose Deployment Option, Tick the Field is required checkbox, and Select show on page where you want to show this custom filed and then Click on Done Button.
- Check the Created Custom Fields.
List Custom Fields
- Now Go to Order Entry, then click the + icon beside Sales Order. Create new sales order Entry. While creating sales order enter, the value In Fob-Point Field Which is Exist in Header.
Sales Order Entry View Sales Order
- After Creating Sales Order, we can convert this sales order into sales invoice.
Sales Order List
- Sale order Fob-Point value is same as sales Invoice Fob-Point.
View Sales Invoice
So using these simple steps, you can see how the Custom field’s data gets Flow from one transaction to another in Sage Intacct.