Sage Intacct provide a provision to automate task i.e. Triggers. Using Triggers, you can automatically make input, output, update, validations, emails, and Web Services calls in response to data changes.
Sometimes, when scheduling presentations, automatic notifications will help presenter to determine who should wait in the lobby before being admitted to the meeting and the no. of participation allowed for meeting attendees. Therefore, in Conference application you might have a trigger that sends email to the Presenter when an attendee is being register for a particular conference.
In this blog, we are going to discuss the steps to add the Trigger with an Object.
Note: The application which is used in this scenario is a custom application.
Follow the below steps to add trigger for sending the email to presenter when new attendee gets register for a conference:-
- Go to Platform Services: – Select your required object.
- Once the object definition page is opened, click on Trigger link on top of the page.
- In the triggers section, click on New Trigger to add a trigger.
Add a trigger
- Select your trigger type and click “Next”.
Choose trigger type
- Make sure “This trigger is deployed” is selected to use this trigger on the immediate effect.
Enable deploy option
- Choose your selection for when your trigger should be activated.
Choose trigger activation
- Specify your trigger name and mention “Send To”, “Reply To” and select Email template details as mentioned in the below image so that the presenter will receive the mail knowing how many attendees are available and click on Save:
- Following is the screenshot of the email received: