Terminology is the language used to describe a specific thing, or the language used within a particular field.
Sage Intacct allows you to customize some terminologies to match certain terms of your business aspects. For example, you may change Settings to Preferences, or Preferences to Configuration.
It limits you to change only those terminologies which are available on Terminology page.
Changing the term on terminology page will change everything related to it in Intacct (menus, field names, relationships, etc.).
In order to see the existing Terminology List, go to Company > Setup > Terminology.
Refer the below steps to change the Terminology for some entities:-
- Go to Company > Setup > Terminology.
- Click on the Edit next to term you want to modify/change.
- At the Entries grid select a Language for term. For instance, you may choose localized term for India, such as Customer and a different one for the Netherlands, such as Client.
- In Singular name, type singular version of the term. For example, Warehouse.
- In Plural name, type plural version of the term. For example, Warehouses.
- Click on Save.
You can always restore standard Intacct terms on click on the trash icon beside each Language you want to restore.
So using these simple steps you can easily change the Terminology of any entity within system.