As Sage 300 provides a functionality to create a custom view, allows customizing the standard screens with the help of views. Here in this blog we will be discussing about the error “error U1077: ‘c1: return code ‘0x2’ which may occur while making changes in the view.
Sometimes there may be need/requirement to downgrade the custom module. While downgrading the module you might come across an error, which will not allow you to make the custom View.
We might get error as “cl: return code 0x2” as displayed in screenshot above. From error description it is very difficult to identify the cause of issue and the developer might not understand or interpret the cause for the same.
Obviously, developer can refer to error.log generated at e.g. path c:\DEV\HP\Source\View folder. But the error file contains so many lines and description related to each and every tables used in a view for creation. So, the information in the log file might be complex to understand and resolved the concern.
So below solution will might help to resolve the issue in such scenario:
- Please check in an error file for which table name it is giving an error.
- Suppose, the error occurred while making a GD module. And the error occurred at Line no: 2413 in GDSETUP.Tbl file and from the error description it is unable or the information is insufficient to identify the cause.
- So, take the four files of aa table GDSETUP1.H, GDSETUP1.C, GDSETUP.I, GDSETUP.H of a higher version i.e. you are downgrading suppose from v2022 to v2021. Copy a file of v2022 and paste in a view folder of a module.
- It will ask for a replacement as the files are in a folder select yes and replace the files.
- After a successful replacement, open a .C file of it and search for text “Vsnprintf” and replace the same with “printf“and save the file.
- open a command prompt with administrative rights and try making view with below command: mkinst gdsetup.ptn
You will be able to make the view successfully with this command by using above solution.
You can also use blog link for VSN error:
Note: Make a view using make -a command you might get some warning message, but the view is built successfully and the module is downgraded.
Greytrix – a globally recognized and one of the oldest Sage Development Partner is a one-stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM organizational needs. Being acknowledged and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third party add-on development and implementation competence.
Greytrix offers unique GUMU™ integrated solutions of Sage 300 with Sage CRM, Salesforce.com (listed on Salesforce Appexchange), Dynamics 365 CRM and Magento eCommerce along with Sage 300 Migration from Sage 50 US, Sage 50 CA, Sage PRO, QuickBooks, Sage Business Vision and Sage Business Works. We also offer best-in-class Sage 300 customization and development services and integration services for applications such as POS | WMS | Payroll | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce for Sage 300 ERP and for Sage 300c development services we offer, upgrades of older codes and screens to new web screens, latest integrations using sData and web services to Sage business partners, end users and Sage PSG worldwide.
Greytrix offers 20+ addons for Sage 300 to enhance productivity such as GreyMatrix, Document Attachment, Document Numbering, Auto-Bank Reconciliation, Purchase Approval System, Three way PO matching, Bill of Lading and VAT for Middle East. The GUMU™ integration for Dynamics 365 CRM – Sage ERP is listed on Microsoft Appsource with easy implementation package.
The GUMU™ Cloud framework by Greytrix forms the backbone of cloud integrations that are managed in real-time for processing and execution of application programs at the click of a button.
For more details on Sage 300 and Sage 300c Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, We will like to hear from you.