Nowadays in every business, data security has become a Key factor. An application that allows managing it without writing any line of code is very helpful. Sage CRM provides feature for managing data access rights not only for normal users but also for power users like administrators at the time of user creation. In this post, we will see how levels of Administration can be defined and utilized using “Administration” and “Info Admin Rights” fields under user Preferences.
GUMU : Restrict Sage CRM user access to your Sage 100 ERP data with GUMU Security Matrix
While creating a new user in CRM on step 1 screen, there is a field named Administration with four options.
1. No Admin Rights – ‘No Admin Rights’ can be assigned to a basic user who should not have any access to the Administration button on the left panel of the screen. It can usually be assigned to sales executive user who mainly uses CRM to enter new data or update the existing one assigned to them related to sales.
2. Info Manager – ‘Info Manager’ can be assigned to that user who should have limited access to the Administration area. These rights can be defined through the Info Admin rights field. It can mainly be assigned to users at Manager Level wherein they may also have other users reporting them and they need to define rights such as User or Escalation rights set for them.
3. System Admin – ‘System Admin’ can be assigned to that user who is whole and sole responsible for managing or say controlling the CRM with full access to Administration button.
4. From Template – ‘From Template’ provides with the flexibility of assigning administration rights to the user set in the template selected from the User Template drop down list.
1) User’s Home Territory and Assigned to rights in CRM
2) Assign Administrator Rights to System User of Sage CRM
3) Identify Sage CRM Administrator users
4) Enhanced Data Security – Restriction on Custom entity screen buttons
5) Password Security for Sage CRM Self Service Portal