Recently we came across a requirement to enable Workflow for one of the existing custom entity that client is using. The custom entity was added into Sage CRM using Sage CRM Main entity component wizard. This is the component wizard that will help you to add new custom entities into the system. It will build the tables and the supporting Meta data and ASP pages.
There is also an option to enable Workflow for the entities which are being created using the above component wizard. All we need to do is tick the Workflow checkbox option upon creating an entity. Refer below screenshot.
Now, what if you have forgotten to check this Workflow option or may be later you have the requirement to enable and use Workflow functionality for that custom entity. Can we enable Workflow functionality for that Custom entity?
Yes, we can enable Workflow processing for that custom entity. Let’s consider the custom entity named as Project. Now to achieve the requirement we need to follow below steps.
- Create new Integer type field in Project entity named “proj_workflowid“.
- Go to Administration | Advanced Customization | Tables and Databases
- Select Project table from the available tables.
- Under Workflow Id Field, fill “Workflow Id Field” by column name “proj_workflowid “.
- Click on Save. Refer below screenshot.
- In case if entity has been created using Tables and Databases option and belong to secondary entity, we need to ensure target entity should have filed named “XXXX_SecTerr”. Now in above case considering Project as entity name, the field name that needs to be created will be “proj_SecTerr”.
- Now the Project table should appear in the list of available tables upon adding a new workflow rule. Refer below screenshot.
- Similarly it is also possible to take an existing system entity such as Library, Notes and allow it to be Workflowed. Let’s consider Notes table as an example.
- Add note_workflowid column to the Notes table.
- This should be done in the database and be datatype “Integer“.
- Once the above field is added navigate to System à Metadata and perform Metadata Refresh. Update the metadata table “custom_tables” so the bord_workflowid field is filled in for the Notes table.
select * from custom_tables where bord_name=’Notes’
update custom_tables set bord_workflowidfield = ‘note_workflowid’ where bord_name=’Notes’.
- Again perform Metadata operation.
Now Notes table should appear in the list of available tables when we add a new workflow rule. Refer below screenshot.
Greytrix a globally recognized Premier Sage Gold Development Partner is a one stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. Being recognized and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix has some unique integration solutions for Sage CRM with Sage ERPs (Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3), Sage Intacct, Sage 100, Sage 500 and Sage 300).We also offer best-in-class Sage ERP and Sage CRM customization and development services to Business Partners, End Users and Sage PSG worldwide. Greytrix helps in migrating of Sage CRM from Salesforce | ACT! | SalesLogix | Goldmine | Sugar CRM | Maximizer. Our Sage CRM Product Suite includes Greytrix Business Manager, Sage CRM Project Manager, Sage CRM Resource Planner, Sage CRM Contract Manager, Sage CRM Event Manager, Sage CRM Budget Planner, Gmail Integration, Sage CRM Mobile Service Signature and Sage CRM CTI Framework.
For more information on our integration solutions, please contact us at email@example.com. We will be glad to assist you.