Sage 500 always looking for ways to give the user a very unique and additional functionality to make the data entry process easier and understandable.
This new enhancement feature has been introduced in Sage 500 from 7.3 version to allow Sage 500 user to modify the existing ship date to all the Sales order lines which is present in existing Sales order.
Here’s the below process to change the ship date to all the SO lines:
- As per existing design of Sales Order screen in Sage 500, three tab has already present in which third tab “Line Default” has the option available to change the ship date for the Sales order.
- Once user changes the requested date, they will get the popup message “Do you want to update the new requested date to all open lines?”
- If user clicked to “Yes”, the requested date will be updated to all SO lines.
- Similarly if user changes the promised date then user will get the popup message for “Do you wish to recalculate the ship date?”
Once user clicked to “Yes”, the scheduled ship date will be calculated as per the below method:
- Scheduled Date = Promised Date – Ship Days (Present on Sales order tab from Maintain Customer Screen).
If the delivery method is drop ship then ship will be calculated based on the Drop Ship Lead Time days
- Schedule date = Promise Date – Drop Ship Lead Time Days (Present on Setup SO option Screen in Average Lead Time).