Growing businesses demand switch from their existing legacy system to high-end enterprise solutions. Data Migration is a very important step in ERP Implementation and making the system go-live from legacy system to new improved ERP systems increasing its potential and growth.
Some basic fundamental points that one needs to consider before the data migration-
- What data is migrated?
- Is there any classification in data migration?
- What strategies are followed during the migration process?
Since ERP solutions (in many cases) are in itself more complex, their data migration task becomes much more complex. Hence, it needs an expert in the domain to carry out the data migrations. This is because an incorrect data conversion may make the go-live wrong and customer may not get their ROI on the new system.
Considering all the above pain-points and facts, Greytrix has a dedicated ERP migration team that performs migrations from different ERP by using it’s GUMU™ migration tools/services.
During the migration process, we migrate data from standard modules such as General Ledger, Bank, Tax, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Inventory Control, Purchase Order and Sales Order / Order Entry.
- The migration is classified into two categories which are as follows:
Master and Open Transactions: Master Information along with 2 years of GL History and Open Transactions. For more information read
- Complete History: Master and Open Transactions along with the complete historical data of GL, Sales, and Purchase. For more information read
Read More: What do you want to migrate to Sage ERP
Our data migration strategy is quite simple during which, we do two conversions i.e. one test and one live. In test conversion, we migrate the data and provide to you for your testing and verification. Once you check the test converted data, we move on to live conversion in which we incorporate all the changes that you would be having after testing the test converted data.
After addressing the fundamental points, let’s discuss some basic features of data migration:
- Analysis and reading (i.e. extraction) from the source (legacy) system
- Data clean-up (in a case where the data is purged/deleted, duplicate, etc.)
- Entity Mapping ( Accounts, Customer, Vendor, Items, Sales Person, banks, tax, etc.)
- Processing / Restructuring of Source enterprise data
- Data writing into a target application
Greytrix is a one-stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. We provide complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third-party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix has some unique solutions of Sage 300 integration with Sage CRM, Salesforce.com and Magento eCommerce along with Sage 300 Migration from Sage 50 US, Sage 50 CA, Sage PRO, QuickBooks, Sage Business Vision and Sage Business Works. We also offer best-in-class Sage 300 customization and development services to Sage business partners, end users, and Sage PSG worldwide.
For more details on Sage 300 Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to assist you.