In Sage 300 ERP (formerly known as Sage Accpac ERP) version 2012, Sage users can easily rectify the errors in General Ledger Batch by quickly reversing it.
On learning that the particular G/L Journal Entry batch had been posted incorrectly; Accounting Clerk had to usually manually enter a new batch and post it with the reverse entries. In order to automate this process; a new function Reverse has been added to the G/L Journal Entry Batch, which assist users to automatically generate batches with reverse entries. This Feature provides users with an option either to reverse complete batch or particular entry in a batch.
Say for an example; we post the following GL-JE Entry which has incorrect account posting.
In order to rectify the posted entry, user needs to follow the below mentioned steps;
1. To reverse the original posting, click on Reverse button.
2. This would open a new window Create Reversing Batch; which lets users to create Reverse Batch.
3. Select Entry or complete Batch. Then provide, the new batch number and description.
4. Click on Process, it will generates a new batch with a reverse entry.
5. Thus, entry has been reversed properly; saving our additional efforts in entering the reversal entries.
Hence, now user can verify the accounts and once satisfied can post the newly generated reverse batch and make correct entries.
— Related Post —