In this blog, we are going to discuss the enhanced feature provided in Sage 300 v2018 i.e. Notes.
This feature allows us to create our own notes fields that we can attach to Customers, Vendors and Inventory items. When we open a Customer, Vendor or Inventory item with a note it automatically pops up. These notes can be used for keeping any particular information against any of these entities or to keep a reminder for the same.
- On the Sage 300 Desktop, click Notes.
- On the Notes screen, click Create New.
If a particular customer, vendor, or inventory item is specified in the fields at the top of the Notes screen, the new note is assigned to that record by default.
- On the Create Note screen, enter details for the note. Enter note content in the text editor, and also enter information in the following fields:
- Note For and Customer/Vendor/Item Number. Specify the customer, vendor, or inventory item that the note is for.
- A note can be assigned to only one record: either a customer, a vendor, or an inventory item. Click Save.
- So using this new feature we can easily set the additional notes to a particular Customer, Vendor and Inventory item.
- Active on Specific Dates. Select this option to make the note active during a specific period of time. After you select this option, specify the dates when the note will be active in the Active From and Active To fields.
- Cannot be dismissed. This option is selected by default. Clear this option if you want users to be able to dismiss the note.
If a user dismisses a note, that user will not see the note again unless they open the Notes screen and restore the note by clicking Restore.
Greytrix a globally recognized Premier Sage Gold Development Partner is a one stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. Being recognized and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix offers unique GUMU™ integrated solutions of Sage 300 with Sage CRM, Salesforce.com and Magento eCommerce along with Sage 300 Migration from Sage 50 US, Sage 50 CA, Sage PRO, QuickBooks, Sage Business Vision and Sage Business Works. We also offer best-in-class Sage 300 customization and development services and integration service for applications such as POS | WMS | Payroll | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce for Sage 300 ERP and in Sage 300c development services we offer services such as upgrades of older codes and screens to new web screens, newer integrations using sdata and web services to Sage business partners, end users and Sage PSG worldwide. Greytrix offers over 20+ Sage 300 productivity enhancing utilities that we can help you with such as GreyMatrix, Document Attachment, Document Numbering, Auto-Bank Reconciliation, Purchase Approval System, Three way PO matching, Bill of Lading and VAT for Middle East.
For more details on Sage 300 and 300c Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to assist you.