You can control Sage CRM selection field lookup as per your convenience but it allows you to select only a single lookup at a time. But what if a user wants to control multiple lookup values?
Let us elaborate with an example. Let’s say a User wants to show the Case Type based on the Customer Type Customer or Vendor.
Suppose the User needs to show Case Type dropdown options as Hardware and Software when Company Type is Customer and Network and Service when Company Type is Vendor.
Follow the below steps to achieve this functionality.
- Navigate to Administration | Customization | Translations.
- Add New Translation with below information. This will be Case Type dropdown values when Customer is selected.
Caption Code : Customer
Caption Family : CustomerCasetype
Caption Family Type : Choices
US Translation : Hardware
- Repeat Step 2 to add US Translation Software.
- Add New Translation with below information. This will be Case Type dropdown values when Vendor is selected.
Caption Code : Vendor
Caption Family : VendorCasetype
Caption Family Type : Choices
US Translation : Network
- Repeat Step 4 to add US Translation Service.
- Now, navigate to the Case Detail Box and add below lines of code into the Create Script section of CaseDetailBox.
if (CRM.GetContextInfo(“Company”,”comp_type”) ==”Customer”)
LookupFamily = “CustomerCaseType”
else if (CRM.GetContextInfo(“Company”,”comp_type”) ==”Vendor”)
LookupFamily = “VendorCaseType”
- Click on Update button and then Click on Save button.
Now when you navigate to Case and if the Company selected for that case is Customer, then Case Type will be visible as shown below.
- When you navigate to Case and if the Company selected for that case is Vendor, then Case Type will be visible as shown below.
Greytrix a globally recognized Premier Sage Gold Development Partner is a one stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. Being recognized and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix has some unique integration solutions for Sage CRM with Sage ERPs (Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3), Sage Intacct, Sage 100, Sage 500 and Sage 300).We also offer best-in-class Sage ERP and Sage CRM customization and development services to Business Partners, End Users and Sage PSG worldwide. Greytrix helps in migrating of Sage CRM from Salesforce | ACT! | SalesLogix | Goldmine | Sugar CRM | Maximizer. Our Sage CRM Product Suite includes Greytrix Business Manager, Sage CRM Project Manager, Sage CRM Resource Planner, Sage CRM Contract Manager, Sage CRM Event Manager, Sage CRM Budget Planner, Gmail Integration, Sage CRM Mobile Service Signature and Sage CRM CTI Framework.
For more information on our integration solutions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to assist you.