ZipCode are important while creating Account/Customer in Salesforce and Sage 100 ERP. Without ZipCode/Postal Code it is difficult to identity which Customer stays in which Zone of a particular State.
In this blog we going to learn how a User can resolve the ZipCode error encountered while Promoting Customer from Salesforce to Sage 100 ERP.
To understand the process in a better way lets follow the below points first. Initially to Promote a customer from Salesforce to ERP, it a mandatory for the user to create an Account and provide necessary details as show in the below image. To create an Account follow the below steps:
Trying to promote the Account
- Login to Salesforce and click on App launcher.
- Click on GUMU Integration App and Click on Accounts Tabs.
- To create an Account in Salesforce click on “New” button located on the upper right hand side of the page.
- Enter the required details along with the Address and click on “Save”.
After creating the Account in Salesforce let us try and promote the Account to Sage 100 ERP. To promote the Account to Sage, kindly follow the below steps:
- On the Account Page layout look for Promote Customer Button on the right hand side.
- To promote the Account from Salesforce to Sage, click on the button as highlighted in the above image. Upon clicking Salesforce will display a small screen which will ask you to cross verify whether the record you are promoting should be transferred to the defined Sage 100 ERP, refer the below image:
- Click on Next, a new window will appear on the screen which will ask the user to select the required values for AR Division, Terms Code, Salesperson and enter unique Customer Number as show in the below image:
- Once all the required fields are filled, click on Promote button to send the record from Salesforce to Sage 100 ERP. When the User clicks on Promote button the following error: 78767 is not on file.(Bad Request) as show in the below image:
- When user is Promoting an Account to Sage, the integration verifies the mapped field values. The user received the error because the ZipCode: 78767 defined in the billing address on the Account level is not present in Sage 100 ERP.
Fixing the Error in Sage
In order to resolve the error, we have to navigate to Sage 100 ERP and create the ZipCode: 78767. So that the Account that user is trying to promote gets successfully transferred to ERP. To create the ZipCode in Sage 100 ERP, kindly follow the below steps:
- Login to Sage 100 ERP and select the integrated company code to Salesforce.
- Expand Modules, Library Master, Setup and click on ZIP Code Maintenance as show in the below image:
- Let’s go-ahead and create the Zip Code in Sage 100 ERP for which the user encountered error. Click on Accept for the record to get in Sage 100 ERP. Refer the below image:
- Once you create the ZIP Code navigate back to Salesforce in order to Promote the Customer.
Following the steps above one can fix the error for a missing zip code and would be able to promote the record. You can make use of the new GUMU feature to Save the record. In case you encountered any error while promoting, correct the record and continue where you left. The details are mentioned in the blog Saving Customer Details before Promotion to Sage.
We hope you may find this blog resourceful and helpful and are able to promote the billing address record to Sage X3. If you still have concerns and need more help, please contact us at email@example.com.
Greytrix – a globally recognized and one of the oldest Sage Development Partner and a Salesforce Product development partner offers a wide variety of integration products and services to the end users as well as to the Partners and Sage PSG across the globe. We offer Consultation, Configuration, Training and support services in out-of-the-box functionality as well as customizations to incorporate custom business rules and functionalities that require apex code incorporation into the Salesforce platform.
Greytrix has some unique solutions for Cloud CRM such as Salesforce Sage integration for Sage X3, Sage 100 and Sage 300 (Sage Accpac). We also offer best-in-class Cloud CRM Salesforce customization and development services along with services such as Salesforce Data Migration, Integrated App development, Custom App development and Technical Support to business partners and end users.
Salesforce Cloud CRM integration offered by Greytrix works with Lightning web components and supports standard opportunity workflow. Greytrix GUMU™ integration for Sage ERP – Salesforce is a 5-star rated app listed on Salesforce AppExchange.
The GUMU™ Cloud framework by Greytrix forms the backbone of cloud integrations that are managed in real-time for processing and execution of application programs at the click of a button.
For more information on our Salesforce products and services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to assist you.