While using transaction entry screens of Sage 300 ERP (Formerly known as Sage Accpac ERP), sometimes users gets an error “Record already exists”, due to which they will not be able to generate transactions with auto assigned number and needs to manually enter the Document Numbers.
Possible Causes: Generally user gets “Record already exists” error message in the following scenario’s:
1. If user change Next Number in Options UI, and tries to create a new transaction with auto generated no, it will result in a error message.
2. Sometimes user selects last transaction number and manually increment it with one, then create and post this new transaction. But Standard Sage 300 doesn’t reflect the same in Next Number field in options UI. So next time if user tries to create a transaction with auto generated no, it will result in a error message.
For example let us consider the PO Purchase Order Transaction assume that last Purchase Order No is PO000025 and Next Document Number for PO Order is PO000026.
1. If user accidentally change Next Number to PO000025 in PO Options UI, and tries to create a new Purchase Order with auto generated no, it will result in a error message.
2. It may also, happen that the user selected the last order no i.e. PO000025, manually change it to PO000026, create and post the new order. But Standard Sage 300 doesn’t reflect the same in Next Number field (i.e. it still shows Next Document No as PO000026). So next time if user tries to create a new Purchase Order with auto generated no, it will result in a error message.
Solution: Follow below mentioned steps to get rid of this error and can create transactions successfully.
1. As we would be using Purchase Order Entry as an example, navigate to Purchase Order transaction >> Purchase order Entry and Check the last generated PO number from the purchase order entry screen.
2. Then navigate to P/O Set up >> P/O option screen and check the Next number for Purchase Order Number. If it is same as the last PO number, then increment it to the next number and save.
3. Now create new purchase order entry and after posting the same you will be able to create it with PO Number auto incremented to next sequence number. Thus, “Record already exists” error will not occur further.
Hence, by following the above simple steps, Users can remove “Record already exists” error occurred in any modules of Sage 300 ERP transaction screen like OE Transactions, A/R Transactions, and IC Transactions where document number is incremented from next sequence number.
Greytrix – a globally recognized and one of the oldest Sage Development Partner is a one-stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM organizational needs. Being acknowledged and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third party add-on development and implementation competence.
Greytrix offers unique GUMU™ integrated solutions of Sage 300 with Sage CRM, Salesforce.com (listed on Salesforce Appexchange), Dynamics 365 CRM and Magento eCommerce along with Sage 300 Migration from Sage 50 US, Sage 50 CA, Sage PRO, QuickBooks, Sage Business Vision and Sage Business Works. We also offer best-in-class Sage 300 customization and development services and integration services for applications such as POS | WMS | Payroll | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce for Sage 300 ERP and for Sage 300c development services we offer, upgrades of older codes and screens to new web screens, latest integrations using sData and web services to Sage business partners, end users and Sage PSG worldwide.
Greytrix offers 20+ addons for Sage 300 to enhance productivity such as GreyMatrix, Document Attachment, Document Numbering, Auto-Bank Reconciliation, Purchase Approval System, Three way PO matching, Bill of Lading and VAT for Middle East. The GUMU™ integration for Dynamics 365 CRM – Sage ERP is listed on Microsoft Appsource with easy implementation package.
The GUMU™ Cloud framework by Greytrix forms the backbone of cloud integrations that are managed in real-time for processing and execution of application programs at the click of a button.
For more details on Sage 300 and Sage 300c Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, We will like to hear from you.