Business acquisition is a common scenario for companies that are growing. As the business grows, they need of an enterprise applications that can help them get the accurate data for continuing the growth trajectory.
In small ERP system, there is very limited or no scope for running multiple companies. Also, you cannot work on them at the same time parallelly. This is sometime very cumbersome when you want to extract financial reports for the future business decisions and you do not have the data at one place. Hence, moving to new ERP System (which has all these capabilities) seems feasible option. Having said that, one has to look at various points before moving to new system :-
1) What to do with the existing ERP Systems
2) Managing the existing sales and purchases
3) Overhead and efforts in maintaining the existing ERP Applications
4) Resource required to maintain the existing ERP Applications
SEE ALSO: Data migration from your accounting system to Sage ERP
Here comes the need of the data migration and merging to your rescue. With this, you can merge various source company enterprise applications such as Sage Pro, QuickBooks, etc. to one Sage ERP company database. During data merging, following information is merged :-
- Accounting: COA and GL History
- Sales: Customers, Invoices, Credit Notes, Payments, etc.
- Purchase: Vendor, Invoices, Receipts, Credit Returns, Payments, etc.
- Items: Items, current stock value
SEE ALSO: GUMU – A Sage Certified migration solution by Greytrix
There are various advantages of the opting the data merging options :-
1) Access to all company data at one place
2) Minimize your IT spending as you do not have to maintain these applications
and do not require resources to manage them
3) Manage sales and purchase of all the companies into one place
By merging your data from legacy system, you can have access to all the companies’ legacy data historical as well as current data at one place and decide on the future growth path.
For more information on the data migration, drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.