Timesheet is an ample self-explanatory way to record the working hours of an employee under a particular project. Sage 300 ERP has an amazing function as timesheet which usually helps an organization to track the working hours of a resource into a project at each stage.
Are you looking for an efficient and accurate time and attendance record? You better try Sage 300 ERP project job costing. We are referring to Sage 300 ERP because it gives you a proven time and cost saving solutions that have been embraced by many companies.
Some of the advantages of keeping time sheet entries in Sage 300 ERP:
1. You will have an idea of the activities undertaken by a resource for a particular project.
2. You get to know the time spent on project and tasks relatively.
3. You charge job-related labour costs to projects using timecards
4. The data will automatically assemble and help in creating the costs and labour records.
5. Project scope and budget will get under control and ready for future references.
6. Ensure the performance of an employee based on time sheet and tasks under his name.
7. Sage 300 ERP is capable of scheduling that allows supervisors to keep a time table for every employee.
Here are the features of using project and job costing in SAGE 300 ERP:
• The program uses weekly timecards as default, but you can edit the start and end dates for individual timecards, if you use a different pay period.
• You enter wage cost transactions for individual employees using the time details. You can reimburse employees’ out-of-pocket expenses using the Expense tab.
• If you use security in your Sage 300 ERP system, employees with timecard access can enter their own timecards, indicating when the timecards are ready for approval. Later, someone with the required authorization can approve the timecards for posting.
• If you use Sage 300 ERP Payroll, you run Update Payroll to create timecards in Payroll from those that you have posted in Project and Job Costing. You can then generate employee checks in the usual way. You can also import timecards from and export timecards to Payroll.
You can also specify the:
* Days of week for which the wage expense applies.
* Wage expense for each contract, project, and category for which the employee worked during the period.
* The earnings code.
* Reimbursement of employees’ out of pocket expenses using the expense tab.
Now since we all know that in our on-going projects. How important is to calculate the labour cost and other costs to find out the revenue and overheads. Make sure that you have got a fine employee timetable and expenses application for the same. I reckon using SAGE 300 ERP would suit your requirements and helps you finish the project from inception till closure.