Get tighter control of business operations, increased awareness of customer events and an easier, more effective way to deal with regulatory compliance with Sage 300 ERP. In today’s customer–oriented manufacturing environment, your job does not end when you ship the product — so being able to accurately track events and materials is crucial. After a product is shipped, the Serial & Warranty Control feature tracks both terms of warranty and service events for the life of the product.
If you have the Serialized and Lot Tracking license installed, you may sell items with basic and extendable warranties to your customers. For the same you can find the below snapshot in Sage 300 ERP.
Warranty check is done on item which has either serial or lot no. allocated. Here you can set up a number of different warranty codes that will be applied to your serialized or lot items at point of sale.
On Item Master you need to select the warranty code which is applicable and check the option “Place the Lot Automatically on Warranty When Sold”. Both the options would enable the warranty check for an item.
While making a sales/shipment entry of such products, system starts calculating the warranty of the product from the sale date of a product.
You can track the warranty of an item with the help of “I/C Warranty / Contract List Report”.
In report there are various parameters:
You can print the summary or detailed report for serial or lot numbers items.
In Sage 300 ERP this report will contain following information:
1. Item Number/Description – Display the selected range of items.
2. Lot Number – Display the lot no. wise details.
3. Location – Display the Location in which lot is available.
4. Warr. Exp – Displays the date when warranty of lot/serial is expired.
5. Stock Date – Displays the date on which lot/serial is received.
6. Expiry Date – Displays the date when going to be dead.
7. Sold Date – Displays the date on which particular lot is shipped or sold.
You can find the snapshot below for the same
Warranty Management feature of Sage 300 ERP can be maintained for any product to capture company specific warranty criteria. Companies can define the criteria that must be maintained including but not limited to the following; serial number tracking, warranty expiry dates, all prior claims reported, repair dates, and repair information performed on the individual product.
Various reporting capabilities from the information captured will allow you to:
- Maintain internal tracking of consistently malfunctioning parts by vendor
- Review product reliability – so future modifications and enhancements for product improvement(s) can be suggested and established
- Analyze warranty processes and effectiveness
- Improve service to the business partner and end customer
- Claim costs that are supplier supported can be recovered
1. Tax Tracking Report in Sage 300 ERP
2. Serial/Lot Number Stock Report
3. Kitting Item in Sage 300 ERP
4. Pending Shipments Inquiry in Sage 300 ERP
5. Inventory Movement Report in Sage 300 ERP