It is might possible that while making transaction entry user may come to know that the ledger or G/L account to be hit as effect of transaction is not exist in Sage 300 G/L Account’s master. In many organizations certain process will be followed to create a G/L account which involves proper authorization levels and approvals from the accounts heads. In such case if the system does not allow the non-existent G/L account to be referred in the transaction then it will cause the delays in further processing, reporting or invoicing and can create unnecessary delays in bank transactions documentations , document filings etc.
Sage 300 provides the option to set the action to be taken if any non-existing G/L account is referred on finance transactions as well bank services entries.
In order to access the screen, navigates to “Common Services” -> Company Profile -> Options Tab.Kindly refer the below screenshot for the same:
As per the above screenshot user can set one of the three below mentioned values provided for this option. Please find the detailed description for each of them.
- None: If user specifies this option then Sage 300 will not display any message when user enters any Non-Existent G/L Account in transaction entry and allow user to save the record.
- Warning: If user specifies this option then Sage 300 will display the warning message when user enters any Non-Existent G/L Account in transaction entry and allow user to save the record.
- Error: If user specifies this option then Sage 300 will display the Error message when user enters any Non-Existent G/L Account in transaction entry and system will not allow user to save the record.
Below screenshot will illustrate the different behavior on selecting each of this value for “Non-Existent G/L Account”.
1. With None: If we input “TEMPACCTID” as Revenue Account and user tabbed over the field then it will not display any error and also allows saving the entry.
2. With Warning: If we input “TEMPACCTID” as Revenue Account and if user tabbed over the field then it will display Warning alert and allows saving the entry.
3. With Error: If we input “NONEXISTENT” as Revenue Account and if user tabbed over the field then it will display error message and does not allows saving the entry as well invalid revenue account value in that field.
Note: The value for this option can be changed any time. If value is change from “None” or “Warning” to “Error” then it will affect only new records which user will create after change in the value for this option. It will not display any error for the entries which are already exist.
Greytrix a globally recognized Premier Sage Gold Development Partner is a one stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. Being recognized and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix offers unique GUMU™ integrated solutions of Sage 300 with Sage CRM, Salesforce.com and Magento eCommerce along with Sage 300 Migration from Sage 50 US, Sage 50 CA, Sage PRO, QuickBooks, Sage Business Vision and Sage Business Works. We also offer best-in-class Sage 300 customization and development services and integration service for applications such as POS | WMS | Payroll | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce for Sage 300 ERP and in Sage 300c development services we offer services such as upgrades of older codes and screens to new web screens, newer integrations using sdata and web services to Sage business partners, end users and Sage PSG worldwide. Greytrix offers over 20+ Sage 300 productivity enhancing utilities that we can help you with such as GreyMatrix, Document Attachment, Document Numbering, Auto-Bank Reconciliation, Purchase Approval System, Three way PO matching, Bill of Lading and VAT for Middle East.
For more details on Sage 300 and 300c Services, please contact us at email@example.com. We will be glad to assist you.