In general life scenario, we hide some report and transaction for particular user. To do this we assign user wise rights to views the transaction or report screen.
Suppose if you have customized forms and reports which you wants to hide for particular user. So, in this case we would suggest you to use Customization Directories” options provided by Sage Accpac ERP.
Customized forms and reports allow flexibility in reporting data. For example, you might want to remove company‐sensitive data from a report that is printed by clerks. If you edit business forms or reports, you need to save the customized versions in folders that you set up. When you are ready to print a form or report, Sage Accpac looks first for a customized version of it; if one is not available, the standard version found in the
default location will be printed.
Specifying User Directories
You use Customization Directories to specify where customized forms and reports will be located for particular users and companies.
Set up directories
Set up directories (folders) for customized forms and reports using the structure:
- D is a local, diskette, or network drive.
- Folder is any folder other than the folder where Sage Accpac is installed. Note however, that if you installed
the program in.. .ProgramFilesSage Accpac, the customization directory cannot be . . .Program FilesSage Accpac. It could, however, be a subfolder of Sage Accpac (for example, …ProgramFilesSage AccpacCustom).
- Application is the code for the application name and version number.
- Language is the language code for the application, such as ENG.
Examples of customized folders
When you add the name of the folder in the Customization Directories form, type only d:folder (for example, C:CUSTOMINVOICES or H:TAXFORMSOREGON). Do not type d:folderapplicationlanguage. The current
application and user’s language code determine these subfolders.
To add customization directories:
- Make sure a directory has been set up, as described in the previous section.
- Double‐click the Customization Directories icon in Administrative Services.
- Use the Finder in the User ID column to select a user.
- Use the Finder in the Company ID column to select a company.
- Type a path in the Customization Directory column.
- Click Close.
Customization directories are saved in alphabetical order, by User ID.
After Adding Customization Directories
How the program searches for the item to print When a user is ready to print a business form or report, Sage Accpac searches for the item in a specific order. For example, assume the user ID for the current session is JOHNB and the company database ID is UNICO:
- The program first checks to see whether a customization directory exists for JOHNB and UNICO. If the folder exists and it contains the form or report, the item is printed.
- If a match is not found in step 1, the program checks to see whether a customization directory exists for all (*) users of UNICO. If the folder exists and it contains the form or report, the item is printed.
- If a match is not found in step 2, the program checks to see whether a customization directory exists for JOHNB for all (*) companies. If the folder exists and it contains the form or report, the item is printed.
- If a match is not found in step 3, the program checks to see whether a customization directory exists for all (*) users and all (*) companies. If the folder exists and it contains the form or report, the item is printed.
- If a match is not found in step 4, the program prints the standard form or report in the default location for Sage Accpac.
Greytrix a globally recognized Premier Sage Gold Development Partner is a one stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. Being recognized and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix offers unique GUMU™ integrated solutions of Sage 300 with Sage CRM, Salesforce.com and Magento eCommerce along with Sage 300 Migration from Sage 50 US, Sage 50 CA, Sage PRO, QuickBooks, Sage Business Vision and Sage Business Works. We also offer best-in-class Sage 300 customization and development services and integration service for applications such as POS | WMS | Payroll | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce for Sage 300 ERP and in Sage 300c development services we offer services such as upgrades of older codes and screens to new web screens, newer integrations using sdata and web services to Sage business partners, end users and Sage PSG worldwide. Greytrix offers over 20+ Sage 300 productivity enhancing utilities that we can help you with such as GreyMatrix, Document Attachment, Document Numbering, Auto-Bank Reconciliation, Purchase Approval System, Three way PO matching, Bill of Lading and VAT for Middle East.
For more details on Sage 300 and 300c Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to assist you.