Graphs are organized data structures that add a visual mode to information. With graphs we can summarize a large data into well-structured format and easily compare two or three data sets. It also offers better clarification of trends than the table format.
In Sage Intacct, we can use the Custom Report wizard to create graphs. These graphs can also be added to dashboards. Even the Standard report graphs can be added to the dashboard.
To create a Custom Report, Go to Platform Services > Custom Reports > click Add to create a new report/ click Edit to make changes to an existing report.
- Choose the appropriate data source object.
- Add the columns that are to be included and arrange their sequence.
Selecting minimum of 2 columns (one for X-axis and other for Y-axis) is necessary for a Graph report.
- You can add totals, calculated columns as well.
It would be good and more preferable to add a column that includes some calculations (such as a sum, average, etc.) to use for the X axis.
- Apply column sorting if required.
- Next step is to enable grouping without which we cannot create a graph output for a report.
Apply filters and grouping according to your reporting need.
- Select the chart output as graph. If no option is available to select implies that the created report can’t be interpreted into a graph output.
Available chart types are:
- Line chart
- Column chart
- Stacked Column chart
- 3D Column chart
- Stacked 3D Column chart
- Parallel 3D Column chart
- Pie chart
- 3D Pie chart
- Bar chart
- Stacked Bar chart
- Area chart
- Stacked Area chart
- Scatter chart
- Polar chart
- Select the chart type which best suits your need. Choose the X axis and the Y axis columns. Select other graph properties like label, graph size, title, footer text, etc. If you have more than one grouping, select the preferred one on the chart output.
- You can add any additional prompts if you want any user inputs to filter the report.
- Save and run the report.
- Later whenever you run the report, make sure you select Graph as the report type.
This is how you can easily visualize your business data using Custom Reports graph output.