Recently we had a chance to work on automation on order quantity where our customer was looking for the O/E Screen to add two columns and a multiplication of both the new column would be a calculate order quantity. Essentially, they need the Qty Ordered column to be calculated by two additional columns Length and No. of Sheets. The Length column should be populated by an Optional Field in the item record and the No. of Sheets column will be manual and editable so that user can enter a required value in it.
New Stuff: Adding custom button in Accpac View List
In this blog, we would be discussing about same automation of OE Order Quantity in detail.
In order to calculate the quantity order automatically we need to follow the process below.
1. We have used the Item Master optional fields for storing the characteristic of the Item i.e. Length.
2. We have applied “LENGTH” optional field to I/C Item and at the Order Detail so that it gets flowed from Item master to Order details.
3. We have assigned the “LENGTH” optional field to Item “A1-103/0” with value 3.30.
4. If user selects the item in the order detail line which has optional field “LENGTH” applied in I/C Item will carry the value of “LENGTH” to the order detail optional field. Refer the screenshot below.
5. As per the customization request “No. of Sheets” and the “Length” are the new fields which we have added into the order detail line. The value from the order detail optional field will be automatically copied into the new field i.e. “Length”.\
6. In the order below user inputs 2.00 into no. of sheets and 3.30 is value of Length so 3.30 * 2.00 = 6.6000. The quantity order gets calculated automatically. Refer the screenshot below.
This customization is available for Sage 300 v2016.
- Printing Sales Report Country Wise
- New Features in Order Entry Payment Screen
- Sage 300 PJC – Posting Date Option
- How to remove payroll check lock if previous process is incomplete
- Optional field Validation on Order Entry Screen
Greytrix is one stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. We provide complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix have some unique solutions of Sage 300 integration with Sage CRM, Salesforce.com and Magento eCommerce along with Sage 300 Migration from Sage 50 US, Sage 50 CA, Sage PRO, QuickBooks, Sage Business Vision and Sage Business Works. We also offer best-in-class Sage 300 customization and development services to Sage business partners, end users, and Sage PSG worldwide.
Tags300 Account Payable Account Receivable Accounts Payable Accounts Receivable Accpac customer Data Migration erp ERPMIG error General Ledger Greymatrix Greytrix TDS GUMU Integration Inventory inventory control Invoice migration order entry Peachtree Purchase Order quickbooks Report Reports sage Sage 50 Sage 50 CAD Sage 50 US Sage 100 ERP Sage 300 Sage300 Sage 300 ERP Sage 300 ERP 2014 Sage Accpac Sage Accpac ERP Sage Business Vision Sage BusinessWorks Sage ERP 300 Sage Pro Sales Order Shipment Simply Accounting TDS