In Sage X3 we can use service contracts for creating maintenance contracts. In this blog, I shall give a demonstration on how to create an Automatic Maintenance Contract from a sales order. The maintenance contracts contain the same characteristics as the service contracts, their difference being that they can be invoiced.
New Stuff: Steps to Automate Sage X3 Backups
The service contract provides the customer with either free or chargeable access to certain services. That is to say:
- The access to consultants/advisers to obtain explanations or “tricks” on the functioning of equipment or a system;
- Access to certain repair services when a malfunctioning occurs ;
- The respect of quality criteria imposed by the contract and so on.
- To assign a Service Contract to a specific Product, assign a ‘maintenance service contract template’ in the “After Sales” tab of the Product Maintenance Screen
Steps: Create a service Product. In this example, We are using the product ‘Gen’ (Service type)
- Add to Site.
- Evolution of the indexes- Common data->Customer relation->Customer Support-> Evolution of the indices. (Indexation bases are necessary to provide an automatic re-evaluation of the service contracts)
- Add to sales order:
- Create a sales order for a service contract product. After creating the sales order a service contract get automatically created for the particular product.
- Check the Service Contract Screen for the Service contract created:
Once you click on an invoice, the Invoice is created and the Invoice button then gets disabled since the ‘next invoice date’ gets updated. The Invoice button in the above screenshot can only be accessed on the service contract screen if the Service Contract Source is not manual.
The next Invoice date depends upon the following field:
After Clicking on Invoice it creates a Direct Sales Invoice with Service contract for a product.
Greytrix – a globally recognized Premier Sage Gold Development Partner is a one-stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. Being recognized and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third-party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix caters to a wide range of Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3) offerings – a Sage Business Cloud Solution. Our unique GUMU™ integrations include Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3) for Sage CRM, Salesforce.com and Magento eCommerce along with Implementation and Technical Support worldwide for Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3). Currently we are Sage Enterprise Management Implementation Partner in East Africa, Middles East, Australia, Asia. We also offer best-in-class Sage X3 customization and development services, integrated applications such as POS | WMS | Payment Gateway | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce and have developed add-ons such as Catch – Weight and Letter of Credit for Sage Enterprise Management to Sage business partners, end users and Sage PSG worldwide.
Greytrix is a recognized Sage Rockstar ISV Partner for GUMU™ Sage Enterprise Management – Sage CRM integration also listed on Sage Marketplace; GUMU™ integration for Sage Enterprise Management – Salesforce is a 5-star app listed on Salesforce AppExchange.
For more information on Sage X3 Integration and Services, please contact us at email@example.com. We will be glad to assist you.