As we all know, Sage X3 provides features to get/create data from third party applications using web services etc. Similarly, Sage X3 People also provides special feature to connect to the outside application. For example, if we need to create journal entries in Sage X3 from the payroll data of employees coming from X3 People then we can do it easily. Once you do MO validation based on population in Sage X3 people, journal entry will be created directly in X3 using link setup.
Follow below steps to achieve this:
- Navigate to Setup >> Organizational Structure >> Folders
- Select folder for which you want to set up link with outside application.
- Go to the Link Tab, here you can see the grid section “Folder Links outside the solution”, please refer the below screen shot for more detail.
- In the above screen you need to select the link type as “Accounting”, on Machine enter the IP address of Sage X3 server, on Service enter the port on Sage X3 is hosted for example in our case it is 1807, On Directory enter the Sage X3 folder root directory, Type of OS select the type of Sage X3 server installed on, on Link folder enter the Sage X3 folder name, On Database type select the database type enter SQL server, On Name of the Database enter Sage X3 database name, Following this enter the DBMS username and password and Sage X3 username and password.
- After doing the configuration, you need to click on the grid and activate the link.
- Once the link is active you will see the Active column in the above screen set as Yes.
Thus, once completed with above setting, on Payroll MO Validation information will be posted to Sage X3 GL (Journal entries) automatically from X3 People.
Greytrix – a globally recognized Premier Sage Gold Development Partner is a one-stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. Being recognized and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third-party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix caters to a wide range of Sage X3 (Sage Enterprise Management) offerings – a Sage Business Cloud Solution. Our unique GUMU™ integrations include Sage X3 for Sage CRM, Salesforce.com and Magento eCommerce along with Implementation and Technical Support worldwide for Sage X3 (Sage Enterprise Management). Currently we are Sage X3 Implementation Partner in East Africa, Middles East, Australia, Asia. We also offer best-in-class Sage X3 customization and development services, integrated applications such as POS | WMS | Payment Gateway | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce and have developed add-ons such as Catch – Weight and Letter of Credit for Sage X3 to Sage business partners, end users and Sage PSG worldwide.
Greytrix is a recognized Sage Rockstar ISV Partner for GUMU™ Sage X3 – Sage CRM integration also listed on Sage Marketplace; GUMU™ integration for Sage X3 – Salesforce is a 5-star app listed on Salesforce AppExchange.
For more information on Sage X3 Integration and Services, please contact us at email@example.com. We will be glad to assist you.