In Sage 300 ERP, the security Groups feature provides us an important feature that allows Admin to restrict users from modifying the prices of the items that are predefined in Sage by the company. Sage provides an option in Security Groups for this purpose.
To navigate to Security Groups Administrative Services => Security Groups
If one unchecks this option, the user will not be able to modify the Unit Price in Order Entry as shown in the screenshot below.
If one checks this option in Security Groups, the users will be able to enter/modify Unit Price in Order Entry as can be seen in below screenshot
By using this feature of sage, one can easily restrict users from modifying the Prices at the transaction level. Whatever price modification that needs to be done has to be done at the master level itself.
1. Different Costing methods in Sage 300 ERP
2. Item Pricing based on Multiple Unit of Measurement
3. New Unit Cost field on IC Lot Numbers Inquiry in Sage 300 ERP 2012
4. Setting up Price Inclusive of Taxes in Sage 300 ERP
5. Order Entry Transaction flow in Sage 300 ERP