Inventory is the total amount of goods or materials stored in Store/Warehouse/stockyard. Factory managers or store keepers should be aware of the total stock available for sale and out of stock or expired items to properly handle customer/ vendor orders.
Here we will see how lot numbers expiry date can be maintained in Sage 300 ERP. Restricting use of an expired Lot number can be achieved in Sage 300 ERP using Lot Inventory options. You can ensure that the expired Lot numbers are not available for Shipping/Invoicing.
- Navigate to Inventory Control -> I/C Setup -> Options–>Lot Numbers Tab. Kindly refer below screenshot for the same.
- Select the “Expired Lot Allocation Message” as error/warning in the Lots tab in the above screen.
- Next, go to Inventory Control -> I/C Items and Price lists -> Lot Numbers
- In this screen, select the lot number for which the expiry date has to be mentioned. Specify the date in the Expiry date field as shown below:-
In order to see real time working, let’s make an Order as shown below:-
- Create an order and select the “Order Date” prior to the “Expiry Date” assigned to that Lot and then select the same Item Number which has been assigned the Expired Lot Date.
- Select the Lot that has the expired date assigned to it.
- After the selection of the lot, an error message will be displayed regarding its expiry and will not allow that lot to be assigned to the details of the Order. Refer screenshot below.
- This is how user can restrict Expired Lots in Sage 300 ERP.
Greytrix a globally recognized Premier Sage Gold Development Partner is a one stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. Being recognized and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix offers unique GUMU™ integrated solutions of Sage 300 with Sage CRM, Salesforce.com and Magento eCommerce along with Sage 300 Migration from Sage 50 US, Sage 50 CA, Sage PRO, QuickBooks, Sage Business Vision and Sage Business Works. We also offer best-in-class Sage 300 customization and development services and integration service for applications such as POS | WMS | Payroll | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce for Sage 300 ERP and in Sage 300c development services we offer services such as upgrades of older codes and screens to new web screens, newer integrations using sdata and web services to Sage business partners, end users and Sage PSG worldwide. Greytrix offers over 20+ Sage 300 productivity enhancing utilities that we can help you with such as GreyMatrix, Document Attachment, Document Numbering, Auto-Bank Reconciliation, Purchase Approval System, Three way PO matching, Bill of Lading and VAT for Middle East.
For more details on Sage 300 and 300c Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to assist you.