As per industry practices, different organizations follow different procedures related to project costing. These procedures are based on certain rules and the types of project and contract norms. In this blog we are going to discuss about one of the option provided in Sage 300 by using which organization will be able to get the cost detailing for the projects within contract.
Navigation for the setting:
You can navigate to the ‘Contract Maintenance’ screen as Project and Job Costing PJC Transactions Contact Maintenance
You can find the option for setting Project Style on the contract maintenance screen while adding new Project to the contract:
As you can see in the screenshot above there are two options provided for specifying ‘Project Style’ in the Contract one is ‘Standard’ and the other is ‘Basic’
- Project style ‘Standard’ can be opted if the detailed cost calculation need to be tracked, based on the categories under the project and resources assigned for the categories.
- Project style ‘Basic’ can be set if the cost calculation is required up to categories level only and further utilization of resources under those categories does not have effect on cost.
- ‘Standard’ is the default project style.
- User can change the project style for particular project, while adding new project to contract or can modify the same before adding categories under that particular Project.
- Based on the ‘Project Style’ set for the Project in the contract, while entering job related transactions or PJC costs transactions resources are validated. i.e. if the project style is ‘Standard’ then to keep the track of resource wise cost, it is mandatory to have resources from masters to be specified where as if the project style is ‘Basic’ the resources under categories specified will not be validated as the costing is detailed till categories level only.
Greytrix – a globally recognized and one of the oldest Sage Gold Development Partner is a one-stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM organizational needs. Being acknowledged and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third party add-on development and implementation competence.
Greytrix offers unique GUMU™ integrated solutions of Sage 300 with Sage CRM, Salesforce.com, Dynamics 365 CRM and Magento eCommerce along with Sage 300 Migration from Sage 50 US, Sage 50 CA, Sage PRO, QuickBooks, Sage Business Vision and Sage Business Works. We also offer best-in-class Sage 300 customization and development services and integration services for applications such as POS | WMS | Payroll | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce for Sage 300 ERP and for Sage 300c development services we offer, upgrades of older codes and screens to new web screens, latest integrations using sData and web services to Sage business partners, end users and Sage PSG worldwide. Greytrix offers 20+ addons for Sage 300 to enhance productivity such as GreyMatrix, Document Attachment, Document Numbering, Auto-Bank Reconciliation, Purchase Approval System, Three way PO matching, Bill of Lading and VAT for Middle East. The GUMU™ integration for Dynamics 365 CRM – Sage ERP is listed on Microsoft Appsource with easy implementation package.
For more details on Sage 300 and Sage 300c Services, please contact us at email@example.com, We will like to hear from you.