In our last blog, we saw how to create a Setup Template to copy/extract data from a (source) X3 folder. Now we will see how to integrate this template into another (target) folder.
The integration of the setup template can be done from the source folder itself provided you have appropriate privileges. The Setup Copy function can be found at :
Development -> Utilities -> Patches -> Setup Copy.
The integration can be done in two ways:
- Copy: If the folders are located in the same SAFE X3 solution, the copy can be done directly.
- Patch: If the folders are located in different SAFE X3 solutions, a patch needs to be generated. This file will be reintegrated to the destination folder using the Patch integration function.
Following are the fields and their functions on the Setup Copy Screen.
Copy type: Select the copy type. Two values are available:
- Copy: The template is read from the source folder and is directly updated in the destination folder. The Folder of origin and the Destination folder fields need to be entered.
- Patch: A patch is generated only once. This patch must be integrated to in the target folder. The destination file path must be entered.
- Source folder: The folder from which the setup is to be copied.
- Destination folder: The folder to which the setup is to be copied.
- Template code: Select the code of the setup model.
- Legislation: This field is used to select the data to process related to one single legislation.
- Template code: Select a data model. The templates will be pre-fetched as we have already created them in the Setup Template. You can edit these templates as you please.
- Selection Formula: Similar to the Selection Column in the setup Template, it is used to it is applied on the main table defined in the data model.
- Transaction Validation: Similar to the Transaction Column in the Setup Template, it refers to the transaction that is to be run after the model has been integrated.
Isn’t this is a great feature that not only saves time and effort but also ensures accuracy while mapping setups.
Greytrix – a globally recognized Premier Sage Gold Development Partner is a one-stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. Being recognized and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third-party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix caters to a wide range of Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3) offerings – a Sage Business Cloud Solution. Our unique GUMU™ integrations include Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3) for Sage CRM, Salesforce.com and Magento eCommerce along with Implementation and Technical Support worldwide for Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3). Currently we are Sage Enterprise Management Implementation Partner in East Africa, Middles East, Australia, Asia. We also offer best-in-class Sage X3 customization and development services, integrated applications such as POS | WMS | Payment Gateway | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce and have developed add-ons such as Catch – Weight and Letter of Credit for Sage Enterprise Management to Sage business partners, end users and Sage PSG worldwide.
Greytrix is a recognized Sage Rockstar ISV Partner for GUMU™ Sage Enterprise Management – Sage CRM integration also listed on Sage Marketplace; GUMU™ integration for Sage Enterprise Management – Salesforce is a 5-star app listed on Salesforce AppExchange.
For more information on Sage X3 Integration and Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to assist you.