In our blog, Launching Pop up window in Sage X3, we saw how we can launch a Window from a button click. Now, we might also need to access some data from the source screen as well. So, in this blog we will see how we can pass on data (parameters) from the source window to the new window through buttons.
- Open the action used to launch the window.
- Go to Parameters tab and add required Parameters along with the desired data type. The Argument type field has two options namely, By Address and By Value.
By Address – the value of the modified parameter is returned to the calling process.
By Value– the value of the parameter even if it is modified is not passed to the calling process.
So, choose the Argument type as required.
- Now, open the Source window and go to the “Buttons/menus” tab and select the button used for launching the window. You should see the “Parameters” set on the action in the below grid.
- Now, set the values for these parameters. The value can contain a constants string(not with pass by address), a screen field, functions or on-line variables at the time of call.
- Now you can access these Parameters in the class code of the new screen using the “PARAM” key word. PARAM(1) denotes the first parameter and so on.
Hope that was helpful. Stay tuned for more such tips on Sage X3. Feel free to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help for any development activity in Sage X3.
Greytrix – a globally recognized Premier Sage Gold Development Partner is a one-stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. Being recognized and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third-party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix caters to a wide range of Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3) offerings – a Sage Business Cloud Solution. Our unique GUMU™ integrations include Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3) for Sage CRM, Salesforce.com and Magento eCommerce along with Implementation and Technical Support worldwide for Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3). Currently we are Sage Enterprise Management Implementation Partner in East Africa, Middles East, Australia, Asia. We also offer best-in-class Sage X3 customization and development services, integrated applications such as POS | WMS | Payment Gateway | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce and have developed add-ons such as Catch – Weight and Letter of Credit for Sage Enterprise Management to Sage business partners, end users and Sage PSG worldwide.
Greytrix is a recognized Sage Rockstar ISV Partner for GUMU™ Sage Enterprise Management – Sage CRM integration also listed on Sage Marketplace; GUMU™ integration for Sage Enterprise Management – Salesforce is a 5-star app listed on Salesforce AppExchange.
For more information on Sage X3 Integration and Services, please contact us at email@example.com. We will be glad to assist you.