Normally user security is very crucial feature of any ERP, and if we take X3 as an example we are aware that it functions on Site basis. Thus security or restrictions at site level is a must and this blog explains this feature.
We have explained restriction feature of a user from accessing other sites and also from viewing the transactions of other site. Well, this can be done by following couple of steps that are mentioned below.
- Navigate to Common Data -> Miscellaneous Table and select table 60.
- Add a record SIT (You can use your own name) (refer below screen shot). Make sure the record you are adding doesn’t exist.
New Stuff: Managing Customer Risk through Doubtful Receipt
- Navigate to Setup-> Users-> Function Profiles and create a new profile and under Sites tab select the site and the module for which you want to assign restrictions to user.
- On the same screen Click Profiles and it will navigate you to Functional Profile screen where you can select the Function for which you are making the restrictions ( in this case Sales Order). you can add various Functions.
- Navigate to Setup-> Users-> Roles and set up Roles by object to restrict the site (Refer the below screen shot)
- Navigate to Setup-> Users-> Users and under Roles tab assign the role to respective user. You can assign various sites here as per your restriction.
The user should now only be able to see Sales Orders for the P21 site and the facility lookups will only allow a user see and select the P21 site.
Greytrix – a globally recognized Premier Sage Gold Development Partner is a one-stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. Being recognized and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third-party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix caters to a wide range of Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3) offerings – a Sage Business Cloud Solution. Our unique GUMU™ integrations include Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3) for Sage CRM, Salesforce.com and Magento eCommerce along with Implementation and Technical Support worldwide for Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3). Currently we are Sage Enterprise Management Implementation Partner in East Africa, Middles East, Australia, Asia. We also offer best-in-class Sage X3 customization and development services, integrated applications such as POS | WMS | Payment Gateway | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce and have developed add-ons such as Catch – Weight and Letter of Credit for Sage Enterprise Management to Sage business partners, end users and Sage PSG worldwide.
Greytrix is a recognized Sage Rockstar ISV Partner for GUMU™ Sage Enterprise Management – Sage CRM integration also listed on Sage Marketplace; GUMU™ integration for Sage Enterprise Management – Salesforce is a 5-star app listed on Salesforce AppExchange.
For more information on Sage X3 Integration and Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to assist you.