Basically the additional process servers are installed to balance the load of CPU and memory usage. In this blog we will see the necessary steps to configure the additional process server.
To begin the installation process of additional servers, we need to satisfy pre-requisite.
- Install the SQL Client Connectivity tools and Management Tools
- Install the ADXADMIN runtime
- Install the Java Runtime Environment (also known as JDK).
Now to install the process server, you need to follow below:
- Install the runtime Component on the different server i.e. Execute the safex3-runtime-installer.jar file.
- Follow proper instructions present on installation wizard and provide a Component Name and select the runtime type Process server.
- Complete the installation through Wizard.
- Locate the certificate .pem file on the Syracuse server and copy it to the new server
- Location will be similar to <Drive>:\Sage\Syracuse\syracuse\certs_tools\output\<servername>.pem
- Paste the files into the Process server’s directory: <Drive>:\Sage\SAGEX3V7\X3V7\runtime\key\
Once the installation of process server is completed, the next step is to configure the additional server into existing X3 solution. To configure this you can follow below steps:
- Move to the server where sage X3 application and console is installed.
- Open sage X3 management console.
- Click on solutions, created x3 solution will be display on console.
- Click on Process server button.
- Then click on “New” button.
- In the Search SAFE X3 components window, click the “New” button to add the new server to the server name list.
- Select the new Process server from the component selection window
- Click on OK
- In the bottom grid, provide the SAFE X3 service port number, User login, and password for the service.
- Click Configuration to configure the new process server adding it to the solution.
You can see additional process server in below screen shot.
Once you’ve done those above steps, you’ll be ready to set up additional server on the X3 side. For that you need to create the X3 solution with the additional server name.
Note: – After completion of this setting you need to first verify the settings by clicking on “Check Server Setting” option.
Then you need to add the new endpoint for this new process server and also need to give user access to the newly created endpoint.
Basically, these additional process servers manage processes when scalability is required. They can run processes linked to interactive sessions as well as web services sessions and batch processes.
There are difference between the main process server and additional process server as:
- At least one Main Process server is mandatory and runs on the same machine as the Application server.
- Additional Process servers are optional and are used to load-balance among multiple resource processes related to X3 users sessions.
- Additional Process servers load balancing is automatically managed by the front-end Syracuse Web Presentation server(s).
This is how you can setup the extra process server in to sage x3 which will help load balancing if large number of users are present in sage x3.
Greytrix – a globally recognized and one of the oldest Sage Development Partner is a one-stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM organizational needs. Being acknowledged and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third-party add-on development and implementation competence.
Greytrix caters to a wide range of Sage X3, a Sage Business Cloud Solution, offerings. Our unique GUMU™ integrations include Sage X3 for Sage CRM, Salesforce.com, Dynamics 365 CRM and Magento eCommerce along with Implementation and Technical Support worldwide for Sage X3. Currently we are Sage X3 Implementation Partner in East Africa, Middle East, Australia, Asia, US, UK. We also offer best-in-class Sage X3 customization and development services, integrated applications such as POS | WMS | Payment Gateway | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce and have developed add-ons such as Catch – Weight and Letter of Credit and India Legislation for Sage X3 to Sage business partners, end users and Sage PSG worldwide. Greytrix Sales Commission App for Sage X3 simplifies commission calculations and postings on sales transactions.
The GUMU™ Cloud framework by Greytrix forms the backbone of cloud integrations that are managed in real-time for processing and execution of application programs at the click of a button.
Greytrix is a recognized Sage champion ISV Partner for GUMU™ Sage X3 – Sage CRM integration also listed on Sage Marketplace; GUMU™ integration for Sage X3 – Salesforce is a 5-star rated app listed on Salesforce AppExchange and GUMU™ integration for Dynamics 365 CRM – Sage ERP listed on Microsoft AppSource.
For more information on Sage X3 Integration and Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, We would like to hear from you.