Journal entries are records of financial transactions flowing in and out of the business. Journal entries are used to make transfers between nominal accounts. These transactions all get recorded in the book, called the general journal.
Transactions are listed in an accounting journal that shows a company’s debit and credit balances.
Journal entries includes the following main elements like a reference number, a date of journal entry, account name, two separate amount for debit and credit.
Reversing Journals are special journals that are automatically reversed after a specified date. They exist only till that date specified
The purpose of reversing entries is to cancel out certain adjusting entries that were recorded in the previous accounting period.
Create the GL Journal Entry that will be reversed.
- Go to Financials > Journals > Journal entry
- Create a new GL Journal entry that will be reversed after some days.
- Select “Yes” in the Reversal drop down and enter the ‘Reversal date’.
- Click the Create button when finished. Refer Fig 1.1.
Create the reversing entry:
STEP I: 1. Within the GL Journal entry task, select the ‘Reversing’ option from the Zooms menu in the right list.
2.Select the Debit / Credit option to post the reversing entry as reversed debits and credits or select Amount / Negative Amount to post the reversing entry as a negative debit and credit.
- Enter the ‘Reversal Date’
- Click ‘OK’. Refer Fig 2.2
3.Once you click OK the newly created reversal entry will appear on the screen and the ‘Default description’ field will show the original GL Journal number as shown in Fig 2.3
4. And original Journal entry changed its status as ‘Reversed’ as in Fig 2.4
STEP II:Users can also reverse a single or multiple entries by using the Reversals function
Navigational Path: Financials > Current Processing’s > Reversals.
- This function is used to launch an automatic reversal processing on a set of journals selected by the user depending on a number of criteria.
- Once you click ‘OK’ a log will display showing the new entries. Refer the Blog for multiple reversals: https://www.greytrix.com/blogs/sagex3/2015/07/31/automatic-reversals/
This blog helps us to understand how to perform reversing journal entries and two benefits of using reversing entries are:
- It greatly reduces the chance of double counting revenues and/or expenses
- It allows for more efficient processing of the actual invoices that will be processed in the new accounting period.
Greytrix – a globally recognized and one of the oldest Sage Development Partner is a one-stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM organizational needs. Being acknowledged and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third-party add-on development and implementation competence.
Greytrix caters to a wide range of Sage X3, a Sage Business Cloud Solution, offerings. Our unique GUMU™ integrations include Sage X3 for Sage CRM, Salesforce.com, Dynamics 365 CRM and Magento eCommerce along with Implementation and Technical Support worldwide for Sage X3. Currently we are Sage X3 Implementation Partner in East Africa, Middle East, Australia, Asia, US, UK. We also offer best-in-class Sage X3 customization and development services, integrated applications such as POS | WMS | Payment Gateway | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce and have developed add-ons such as Catch – Weight and Letter of Credit and India Legislation for Sage X3 to Sage business partners, end users and Sage PSG worldwide. Greytrix Sales Commission App for Sage X3 simplifies commission calculations and postings on sales transactions.
The GUMU™ Cloud framework by Greytrix forms the backbone of cloud integrations that are managed in real-time for processing and execution of application programs at the click of a button.
Greytrix is a recognized Sage champion ISV Partner for GUMU™ Sage X3 – Sage CRM integration also listed on Sage Marketplace; GUMU™ integration for Sage X3 – Salesforce is a 5-star rated app listed on Salesforce AppExchange and GUMU™ integration for Dynamics 365 CRM – Sage ERP listed on Microsoft AppSource.
For more information on Sage X3 Integration and Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, We would like to hear from you.