Payment is the transfer of money or goods and services in exchange for a product or service. A payment can be made in the form of cash, check, credit card and debit card.
Payments can be done against invoices that are generated from Sales/Purchase Invoice and Customer/Supplier BP invoice from the AP-AR accounting module. Payments transactions are created bank-wise as per the selected supplier/vendor. Payments are also done against multiple invoices and users can create the remittance entry against multiple payments. The purpose of Remittance entry is to provide the payment transactions to a particular bank in proper format with cash settlement, bill exchange issues, collections, check payments, discounts, etc.
Purchase Invoice: A Purchase Invoice is a bill which we receive from Suppliers against which we need to make the payment.
Sales Invoice: A sales invoice is a document sent by a provider of a product or service to the purchaser that shows the items or services provided and the amount owed. The invoice establishes an obligation on the part of the purchaser to pay.
The posting of the payment of invoices coming from the Purchase, Sales or AP-AR Accounting modules is the payments generation.
In Sage X3, we may face difficulty while creating the payment of the Sales / Purchase and Customer/ Supplier BP invoices. So for resolving such errors. There is an inbuild functionality for solving the same. Kindly follow below steps:
Step1: Replicate the error in sage X3. Let us take an example.
- Create Sales/Purchase Invoice or Customer/Supplier BP Invoices.
- Now posted it.
- Check the journals are created of this invoices.
- Check the accounting task is in the running mode.
- Now open the Payment screen.
Navigate to : AP/AR Accounting -> Payments -> Payment/Receipt entry
- Now select and open the payment entry type which is defined in the invoices.
- Enter all the mandatory data in the screen.
- Now select the invoice from the left list panel which you have created above.
- As you can see in the below screen shot user is not able to select the invoice, as system is giving below error message.
Now for solving this error , follow below Step 2:
Navigate to: Setup -> A/P-A/R Accounting -> Payment Entry Types
- Select respective payment type .
- Under this ,check is any payment attribute is define.
- As in the above screen shot you can see system is showing PAYIS which is a payment attribute.
- First check PAYIS is defined in the payment attribute screen in Sage x3 .
- If not , then remove this payment attribute (PAYIS) from the respective payment entry type and select the new one which is already present or defined.
Refer below screen shot:
Now check in the payment screen user is able to select the invoice or not. Refer below screen shot:
Note: The payment attributes must be set up. They define the account structures to be used, for example, as a payment attribute of type Cash receipt that acts on a bank account and a BP account.
In this way, we can solve the accounting destination issue while making the payment of an invoices in Sage X3.