Business Intelligence (BI) refers to skills, technologies, applications and practices used to help a business acquire better understanding of its commercial context.
There are six modules of Sage Intelligence Reporting in Sage 300 which includes: Report Manager, Report Viewer, Report Designer, Connector, Security Manager and License Manager.
Let us have a look on the Licenses and the security manager features in this blog.
License Manager: The License Manager maintains the licenses installed for Sage Intelligence Reporting. To activate the licenses, navigate to the mentioned path: Intelligence Reporting -> License Manager. The license in Business Intelligence are named licenses. This screen allows adding/editing and deleting the license details.
Security Manager: The Security Manager controls the accessibility of the reports by various users. When security is enabled, the user will be required to login and only then will he have the access to the reports selected for the role that the user belongs to. It also ensures that the access to the sensitive reports is securely controlled. To map the rights, navigate to the path: Intelligence Reporting -> Security Manager.
The Security Manager allows to set security on/off, Manage users, Manage Roles, select which users belong to which Roles, select which reports belong to which roles.
Sage 300 Intelligence Reporting is best fitted for the companies that requires the following:
- Need a business dashboard with sales and customer information to help them quickly understand the health of their business
- Require customized reports tailored to answering their business needs without manually formatting the report each time they use it
Sage Intelligence reporting enable companies to identify what is going on into their business to make better decision making and become profitable. The end result is better information, better decision making and better companies.
Also Read :
1) How to modify standard Reports in Sage Intelligence
2) Add/Remove Additional Columns in Sage Intelligence reports
3) E-mailing Sage Intelligence reports
4) Add/Remove Additional Columns in Sage Intelligence reports
5) Creating a Union Report in Sage Intelligence Reports