There are 2 types of the Miscellaneous table:
- Independent Miscellaneous table: This Table is individual table not dependent on any other Misc Tables for e.g. Payment Modes. As seen in the below screenshot the Dependent Table field is empty which shows the table is independent.
- Relational/Hierarchal Miscellaneous Table: We can create a Miscellaneous Table using the menu Development-à Data and Parametersà Miscellaneous Tables. We initially define the miscellaneous table wherein we can relate 2 miscellaneous tables similar to the parent, child relationship.
- Parent table is defined in child table record
- Child table records reference the parent record.
As shown in the below screenshot the Table Product Sub Category is a child of Product Category. Thus the Values of Product Sub Category will be listed depending on the Product Category selected.
While creating the Product Categories we need to enter the Statistical Group Information, suppose we select the Group1 as 010 then as per the above pictorial data 010 has 4 dependent members in Group2. They are 011,012,013, 014.
Thus when we select the Group1 = 010, in that case, the Group2 will show only 4 values as seen below. This is how the relational Miscellaneous table work.
Miscellaneous Tables have default 3 columns added however you can add 4 more columns. As you can see in the below screenshot there is a Section called COLUMNS, which has 4 texts wherein 2 have Alphanumeric datatypes and other 2 with Numeric datatypes.
Here you can use these fields for additional columns taking care that only 2 Alphanumeric and 2 Numeric fields can be added.
- Tax Code
- Sales Class
- Rule Type
Apart from this Miscellaneous have some additional features as seen in the General Section:
- Changeable: If this box is unchecked, it will not be possible to modify the contents of this miscellaneous table.
- Modifiable length: Define if the length of the code in the miscellaneous table is modifiable. The user will then define the length of these codes by means as a function of personalization of the miscellaneous tables, within the limit of the maximum length defined in the folder parameters.
- Filter company: This checkbox is used to display also the column ‘Company’ in the Management of Miscellaneous tables:
- Checked: The column “Company group” is displayed in the management of Miscellaneous tables. If the variable GCURLEG is assigned, a filter will be applied on selection and the legislation of the current company will be controlled.
- Not checked: Not additional field, no filter
- Filter legislation: This checkbox is used to display also the column ‘Legislation’ in the Management of Miscellaneous tables:
- Checked: The column “Legislation” is displayed in the management of Miscellaneous tables. If the variable GCURLEG is assigned, a filter will be applied on selection and the legislation of the current company will be controlled.
- Not checked: Not additional field, no filter.
- Usage of Miscellaneous Table: Whenever you create a table, we can define a field of type “ADI” which will accept the Miscellaneous Table ID. This field can be displayed as combo box/dropdown/checkboxes which will display a set of default values.
Let us know if we can be of any help, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greytrix – a globally recognized Premier Sage Gold Development Partner is a one-stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. Being recognized and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third-party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix caters to a wide range of Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3) offerings – a Sage Business Cloud Solution. Our unique GUMU™ integrations include Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3) for Sage CRM, Salesforce.com and Magento eCommerce along with Implementation and Technical Support worldwide for Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3). Currently we are Sage Enterprise Management Implementation Partner in East Africa, Middles East, Australia, Asia. We also offer best-in-class Sage X3 customization and development services, integrated applications such as POS | WMS | Payment Gateway | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce and have developed add-ons such as Catch – Weight and Letter of Credit for Sage Enterprise Management to Sage business partners, end users and Sage PSG worldwide.
Greytrix is a recognized Sage Rockstar ISV Partner for GUMU™ Sage Enterprise Management – Sage CRM integration also listed on Sage Marketplace; GUMU™ integration for Sage Enterprise Management – Salesforce is a 5-star app listed on Salesforce AppExchange.
For more information on Sage X3 Integration and Services, please contact us at email@example.com. We will be glad to assist you.