Often we are requested for a feature that sends a mail along with a report copy of Invoice automatically when an Invoice is created in Sage X3.
This blog will take you through a graceful solution that enables users to intimate the clients about the Invoice raised.
- Print Server needs to installed and configured.
- Web Server needs to be configured to get responses for the workflow emails with approval links.
- Go to Parameters -> Workflow -> Workflow Rules. Find workflow “FUP”.
- Create a copy of “FUP” named “YFUP”.
- Remove the “FUP” code from header condition and enter the report code that you need to send. This condition would ensure that the workflow will execute for this report only.
- Make sure that ‘Mail Activation’ box is checked at the bottom.
- Go to Addresses tab, Select the ‘Business Partner’ option from and type “[F:BPA]WEB” this would get the email address for the concerned Business Partner.
- Go to Message tab,
Object: This is the subject line for the message that can be generated using formulas or text.
Text: This is a body of the message that can be filled using formulas or text.
- Sending option specifies whether the message must be sent locally by the workstation (in MAPI interface), from the server (via SMTP) or equally from one or the other. To use Outlook for sending set the sending option to ‘Client’.
- Check ‘Modifiable Message’ if you want to specify the additional recipients’ before mail is sent.
- Make sure that “File to attach” is set to “GFILPATH”.
To send the mail to a client, go to invoices screen and open the report through ‘File -> Print’ and select the report to which the workflow has been attached.
Select destination to Message Type and Print. This would start sending the mail to a client and a confirmation message will be displayed before sending. Just allow it and the mail will be sent in no time.
The example and scenario explained above has been kept simple for demonstration. There are a lot of business process or requirements that can be achieved through a workflow.
Isn’t this a great way to reduce your mailing stress. To see what other Sage X3 stresses could be relieved contact us at email@example.com.
Greytrix – a globally recognized Premier Sage Gold Development Partner is a one-stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. Being recognized and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third-party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix caters to a wide range of Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3) offerings – a Sage Business Cloud Solution. Our unique GUMU™ integrations include Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3) for Sage CRM, Salesforce.com and Magento eCommerce along with Implementation and Technical Support worldwide for Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3). Currently we are Sage Enterprise Management Implementation Partner in East Africa, Middles East, Australia, Asia. We also offer best-in-class Sage X3 customization and development services, integrated applications such as POS | WMS | Payment Gateway | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce and have developed add-ons such as Catch – Weight and Letter of Credit for Sage Enterprise Management to Sage business partners, end users and Sage PSG worldwide.
Greytrix is a recognized Sage Rockstar ISV Partner for GUMU™ Sage Enterprise Management – Sage CRM integration also listed on Sage Marketplace; GUMU™ integration for Sage Enterprise Management – Salesforce is a 5-star app listed on Salesforce AppExchange.
For more information on Sage X3 Integration and Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to assist you.