In day to day life often it is the case when a company has to look for the drop shipment feature and it becomes a necessity to have the drop shipment in our system.
Before we proceed with this feature in Sage X3, let me explain you the Significance of Drop Shipment in brief;
- Delivery of product from a manufacturer or original supplier direct to a buyer, without passing through the warehouse of a distributor or retailer.
- Drop shipping also eliminates duplication of effort, since only one warehouse will pick, pack and ship the product. This approach can reduce total inventory management and shipping costs. These cost reductions can subsequently reduce the price to the consumer
As seen above, significance are self-explanatory as why do people look for the Drop Ship feature in any ERP. As far as Drop Shipment in Sage X3 is concerned the terminology used for this is “Direct Order” or “Back to Back Order”.
To configure the Drop Shipment in X3 we need to do some settings which will enable this feature.
- On the products entry screen, under the Sales Tab mark the flag “Back-to-back order “(refer below screenshot).
- Next, you will also Mark the flag “Back-to-back order” under the supplier’s tab on the products screen (refer below screenshot)
- Now if the user creates a sales order with the Source of Shipment as “PO-Direct to Customers” at the Line level [refer the screenshot below].
- After creation of sales order, click on “Back to Back option[refer the below screen shot].
- A purchase order will be created and you will get the Purchase order number in a log.
Hope this blog helps in understanding the Drop Shipment Concept in Sage X3!
Greytrix – a globally recognized Premier Sage Gold Development Partner is a one-stop solution provider for Sage ERP and Sage CRM needs. Being recognized and rewarded for multi-man years of experience, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for your technical consultations, product customizations, data migration, system integrations, third-party add-on development and implementation expertise.
Greytrix caters to a wide range of Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3) offerings – a Sage Business Cloud Solution. Our unique GUMU™ integrations include Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3) for Sage CRM, Salesforce.com and Magento eCommerce along with Implementation and Technical Support worldwide for Sage Enterprise Management (Sage X3). Currently we are Sage Enterprise Management Implementation Partner in East Africa, Middles East, Australia, Asia. We also offer best-in-class Sage X3 customization and development services, integrated applications such as POS | WMS | Payment Gateway | Shipping System | Business Intelligence | eCommerce and have developed add-ons such as Catch – Weight and Letter of Credit for Sage Enterprise Management to Sage business partners, end users and Sage PSG worldwide.
Greytrix is a recognized Sage Rockstar ISV Partner for GUMU™ Sage Enterprise Management – Sage CRM integration also listed on Sage Marketplace; GUMU™ integration for Sage Enterprise Management – Salesforce is a 5-star app listed on Salesforce AppExchange.
For more information on Sage X3 Integration and Services, please contact us at email@example.com. We will be glad to assist you.